Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Squeaky shoes!

(6 Posts)
Willow500 Sun 09-Apr-17 18:25:44

Does anyone have an answer to the problem of shoes that permanently squeak? I've tried all the usual things like talc, in shoe sprays, trying to stretch them but nothing seems to work. My OH is on the verge of throwing out a perfectly good pair of shoes due to the irritating noise and I've just bought a new pair of flats only to get them home and find they're squeaking like demented mice! They'll be going back first chance I get angry Any good tips out there?

Ana Sun 09-Apr-17 18:35:48

I haven't come across a pair of squeaky shoes in many a long year! What are they made of?

tanith Sun 09-Apr-17 18:53:34

Funny you are talking of squeaky shoes but one of the nurses that was on the unit I spent all day Friday in had the most squeaky shoes ever. Each time she walked along the corridor OH and I had to turn our faces away because it just made us giggle.
Sorry that bit of info was of no use to you whatsoever I don't blame you for taking them back.

Cherrytree59 Sun 09-Apr-17 19:03:57

Resole at cobblers?

Willow500 Sun 09-Apr-17 19:10:14

Actually I've just fixed it - never thought of looking on You Tube! Took the insoles out and sprayed under them with WD40 and it worked!! Time to dig out all those old shoes I've not worn in ages grin

downtoearth Sun 09-Apr-17 19:18:51

I have a couple of pairs of sandals that squelch when I walk it isnt the soles and it sounds as though I have a problem with flatulence blush