Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

CRP Blood Markers

(5 Posts)
Serkeen Tue 30-May-17 23:24:23

Thank you for your replies so far, so kind of you. Hopefully someone might possibly have experience of this.

Katek Tue 30-May-17 22:58:59

I don't know much about this but I believe that a raised CRP reading simply means that there is inflammation somewhere in the body. More specific tests are required to identify the source of the inflammation. Sorry can't be more helpful.

Grannyknot Tue 30-May-17 22:10:13

Hi from me too serkeen, I'm sorry I can't help with info but hopefully someone who can will be along soon .

tanith Tue 30-May-17 21:55:43

Hi 'Serkeen' and welcome sorry to hear about your husband's health problems I don't know anything to help but maybe someone else may have some experience.

Serkeen Tue 30-May-17 20:18:04

Hi everyone, nice to be here. A friend told me about gransnet, so I thought I would join smile

Wanted to pick a few brains and perhaps find someone that was or has experienced something we are presently experiencing.

My husband has had Endocarditis and was operated on. We thought that the operation would be the end of it but alas no.

He now has very high CRP blood markers, last count was 170

Does anyone have any experience of this, would be so grateful for any information or experience anyone might have had.