microwave with fan oven

ggmarion Mon 05-Jun-17 15:56:35

I need to buy a new microwave but wonder if anyone has one that doubles as a conventional oven. I have a single oven but sometimes could do with another to cook at different temperatures. I've looked at combi ovens but feel totally confused. Seems flat bed are better from reviews.confused

ginny Mon 05-Jun-17 16:12:43

I had a stand alone micro / conventional oven and now have a built in micro / conventional / grill.
No problems. with either.

GrannieBabi Mon 05-Jun-17 16:23:06

I have a Neff combi. I use it all the time both as a microwave and as additional/alternative oven. Would recommend.

chelseababy Mon 05-Jun-17 16:24:52

I have Panasonic combi and find it good

LadyGracie Mon 05-Jun-17 16:45:56

I've just bought a Panasonic Combination, it's great

POGS Mon 05-Jun-17 18:10:19

We have had 2 Sharps Combination Microwave ovens , they are a brilliant kitchen addition.

I very often use the conventional cooker for small roasts and the micro grill for jacket spuds for quickness.

Don't go for too small a capacity though as you will definitely get a use out of the availability of having two levels for cooking.

NanWise Fri 19-Jul-19 14:19:35

I am dispensing with my regular oven, as it is low down & I need the space for a cupboard in my galley kitchen. I would like a slimline table top microwave combination fan assisted oven with grill. I have heard that 'Inverter Technology' is better than no inverter. Can anyone recommend a good quality one please? There are so many!
I have read that the Panasonic one is recommended, but would prefer to hear a recommendation from a regular user

NanWise Fri 19-Jul-19 15:56:04

Thank you all. They sound good. I'll go for it!🙂

Floradora9 Fri 19-Jul-19 21:08:21

I really use mine mostly as a second oven when cooking a large meal but as a microwave too . Mine is a sharp but my only complaint is that it does not have quite enough variables in the oven temperature. I cannot set it to 170 degrees just 160 or 180 .

Doodle Fri 19-Jul-19 21:38:23

I have a Neff single oven and a Neff combo microwave side by side. The combi grills, fan oven and microwave. I find it very useful to have an additional oven sometimes or to be able to use the grill in the combi whilst using the other main oven.

Blinko Sat 20-Jul-19 15:07:19

Ours is a Panasonic combi. I use it all the time. I only use the main oven for family occasions like Christmas. Other times it's where I store my pots and pans.

Aerein Sun 22-Mar-20 22:34:28

Thanks. At least I know they still make such an oven but at that price it will be cheaper to buy 2 combination microwaves. bakingreview.com/best-3-panasonic-microwave-oven-reviews-nn-sn686s-nn-su696s-nn-sn936b/