Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Anchoring a Swing

(6 Posts)
Galen Sat 10-Jun-17 13:43:24

Cement

harrigran Sat 10-Jun-17 13:11:03

Our garden swing was cemented into position with heavy duty anchors in four places. A swing on grass with loops over the base will not remain in place with an older child.

baubles Sat 10-Jun-17 11:54:08

Our childrens' swing was concreted in place. I'm not sure I would trust a tent peg type fixing.

Many years later there's no sign of where the swing stood.

annsixty Sat 10-Jun-17 11:27:20

We had long ushaped hooks which went over the bottom struts and were hammered in. They were inadequate when the soil was either too wet or too dry. We also had to concrete them in. It does make a mess of the lawn as it has to be fairly central or the swing will hit fences, trees etc.

Jalima1108 Sat 10-Jun-17 11:17:33

I am sure the one we used to have came with long pegs which attached and then went quite a long way into the earth.
And/or DH may have concreted it in, can't remember now.

These are sold as swing anchors:
www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/swing-anchor

Kateykrunch Sat 10-Jun-17 10:28:06

We have been given a newish single seat child swing for the garden, do any of you lovely people have any ideas on how best to anchor the legs down into the ground for safety. It will be positioned on our lawn. Looked on line and most of the tent peg type of thing seems to be inadequate, so perhaps you can come up with an ingenious solution. Many thanks