Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

favourite pair of shoes has velcro issue

(7 Posts)
Ilovecheese Mon 19-Jun-17 16:23:32

The little hooks become pulled out of shape after time, so can't catch on to the loops. You may only need the hook side replacing.
Super glue sounds a good idea.

Jalima1108 Mon 19-Jun-17 16:00:20

I have some canvas Mary Jane type shoes which I use indoors instead of slippers and the velcro seems to have given up on them. I tried the self-adhesive velcro which seems to stick to fingers, the table, everywhere but it didn't stick well enough to the shoes.

It is annoying, I agree, when the shoes have plenty of wear left in them and I never thought of the cobblers, although ours is very expensive.

Mine are not clogged up, but I do know what you mean, I'm always picking the fluff out of the velcro on the DGD'S shoes!

shysal Mon 19-Jun-17 15:47:27

The Velcro is probably clogged with fluff. Is it possible to comb or brush it through to clear it?

Nandalot Mon 19-Jun-17 14:09:35

Worth trying a shoe repairers. Our local man in the market did DGD's school shoesfor a fiver which saved £40 on new ones before she had grown out of them.

yggdrasil Mon 19-Jun-17 13:57:27

You can buy velcro strip by the inch from haberdashery shops. That and a drop of superglue should work

Ilovecheese Mon 19-Jun-17 13:28:19

Timpsons might replace it.

Morgana Mon 19-Jun-17 13:25:17

The velcro on the strap of my most comfortable pair of shoes isn't really sticking any more
Any suggestions. ?