Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Finding a dietician

(4 Posts)
Morgana Thu 28-Sep-17 22:04:19

We are hoping to get D.S. referred to a dietician. Thinking we might have to go private. Does any one know whether dieticians specialise in certain areas?

grannyactivist Thu 28-Sep-17 22:07:49

BDA Registered Dietitians In Private Practice
They each have a blurb explaining their location and something about their areas of expertise/practice.

Charleygirl Thu 28-Sep-17 22:45:59

Why not try to go through your GP first? Admittedly it may take longer.

Morgana Fri 29-Sep-17 10:23:11

We r hoping he will get referred by his surgeon. But having to wait five and a half months since the op. to see him. Five more weeks to go now! So don't want to wait another ....months to see dietician. G.P. will not refer him got to wait for surgeon. D.S. on very restricted diet at moment. Very thin. Oh dear poor state of N.H.S.
Thanks for the replies.