Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Under Counter Fridge

(6 Posts)
tessagee Sun 08-Oct-17 15:31:47

I need to buy an under counter fridge (free standing) with a left hand hinge. However all that I've seen have the hinges on the right though on some models the spec says that this is changeable. However the web sites that I've looked at don't change the hinge for the customer except in the case of integrated fridges where they make the connection.

Does anyone know of any supplier who will make the change for me when I'm purchasing a new fridge?

ninathenana Sun 08-Oct-17 15:36:38

I believe Currys do

GrandmaMoira Sun 08-Oct-17 15:37:50

I think they all expect you to do it yourself. Having watched two of my sons do this on different fridges, I don't think it's easy. Currys will do it for a charge but as they do free delivery and their prices are quite good this could be an option.

Charleygirl Sun 08-Oct-17 18:25:16

I have a left handed fridge and it was made by Blomberg. Admittedly I have had it a few years but try googling it.

whitewave Sun 08-Oct-17 18:30:39

John Lewis usually have good customer service

silverlining48 Sun 08-Oct-17 19:15:24

I think aldi have a nice retro under the counter fridge for sale at the moment. Might be worth a look.