Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Louise Redknapp

(12 Posts)
Smithy Sun 15-Oct-17 10:36:48

Do you think Louise Redknap was right to leave her husband too ''find herself''? She has said she still loves him and that he's a lovely man - could she not have worked through this within her marriage and still took the role in Chicago? I'm not sure if I agree with her or not, does seem a bit sad though.

Ruby21 Sun 15-Oct-17 10:37:44

I'm not sure we're getting the full story to be honest

Moocow Sun 15-Oct-17 10:38:41

Anyone leaving anyone, "to find themself" is strange in itself.

Luckygirl Sun 15-Oct-17 10:49:03

I hate the phrase "finding oneself" - just seems self-indulgent to me.

Grannyknot Sun 15-Oct-17 11:19:41

Reminds me of the expression: So you're off to find yourself? When you do - get lost!

Eloethan Sun 15-Oct-17 11:25:22

I too think it's a rather silly expression but isn't it possible she said this because she doesn't want to discuss the intimacies of her marriage for the entertainment of all and sundry?

Anya Sun 15-Oct-17 11:54:12

Probably just that Eloethan I agree.

paddyann Sun 15-Oct-17 13:40:58

might be a PR stunt

DanniRae Sun 15-Oct-17 13:54:00

I find it all a bit strange and I agree with Ruby - I don't think we are getting the full story. But when all's said and done why should we - it's their life.

glammanana Sun 15-Oct-17 14:05:46

I find it very sad that this has happened as they always seemed to have such a strong relationship,you never see any bad press about Jamie as you do other footballers and she is not your typical footballers wife I hope they can get through this and can get back on track.

Nanabilly Sun 15-Oct-17 14:09:39

Personally I think it's all a load of PR to get the Chicago show and her role in it into the press. Pity they have kids who have to read and hear about it though.

Smithy Sun 15-Oct-17 14:28:32

Yes reckon some of you could be spot on their about the publicity angle. It just seems a shame to me especially for the kids. I always thought of them as the perfect family. Also read that Jamie is blaming her new friends from Strictly. Life is strange sometimes.