Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

No teeth

(12 Posts)
oldgoat Thu 19-Oct-17 12:01:37

Younger GS who is ten, is still losing his milk teeth at the front. Most children seem to lose them at 7. His elder brother (12) still has two tiny milk teeth at the front of his bottom jaw and NO permanent teeth to replace them. He has to keep them until he's 13 when the dental hospital will try to give him implants. Think there must be a dodgy dental gene in our family!

Auntieflo Thu 19-Oct-17 09:38:52

I had a shock when I was pregnant with DS2, who is now 42. I had to have an X-ray, for some reason, and saw all of his teeth shock, so I thought he would be born with a full set. He wasn't wink

Luckylegs9 Thu 19-Oct-17 08:37:52

They will come, all different. No child starts school without any.

harrigran Thu 19-Oct-17 08:18:41

A friend's little girl was toothless until she was 18 months old, she used to love garlic bread and would happily and gummily chew on the bread.

Anya Thu 19-Oct-17 08:10:32

Teeth are strange things and behave in the oddest way. My eldest GD was without her two front teeth for a whole year when her milk teeth fell out.

Marydoll Thu 19-Oct-17 08:05:30

I'm sure they will come when they are ready.
My 23 month old DGD had most of her teeth at a year. It was quite disconcerting when this baby smiled and there was a full mouth of teeth.
The downside is trying to make sure they are all brushed properly.

mammabear Thu 19-Oct-17 07:54:01

Thankyou all for responding. We will keep waiting patiently for his pearly whites to appear....

ginny Wed 18-Oct-17 23:38:29

My DGS , has no teeth until he was 16 months. Now at 20 months he has 9.

oldgoat Wed 18-Oct-17 22:59:16

DD didn't get any teeth until she was a year old either. She's only had one dental repair, to her front tooth which was broken in half playing hockey. Her lovely games teacher said it was her own fault because she shouldn't have had her mouth open!

paddyann Wed 18-Oct-17 22:51:09

my daughter ,she walked at 8 months had a full head of hair and could talk for Scotland from about a year ,but she was gumsy until about 18 months ...the upside is her teeth were perfect and she had really strong teeth,not a single filling until she was in her thirties after her 3rd baby was born

Luckygirl Wed 18-Oct-17 21:59:23

Oh yes - all my children!

mammabear Wed 18-Oct-17 21:02:07

My grandson is 13 months old and he has no teeth, totally appreciate they will come at some point, well I presume so! Just wondered if any one else has had such a late starter.