Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Reporting suspect communications

(9 Posts)
Morgana Mon 13-Nov-17 17:39:41

Have had strange email via grans net offering a copy of a book if I send my address. Any one else? Can't figure out how to report this to the powers that be!!

Day6 Mon 13-Nov-17 17:48:34

Morgana, I have just noticed that if you get the list of all forums up there is a maroon coloured box at the bottom with a 'contact us' link in it.

Haven't tried it myself. Hope it works.

Nelliemoser Mon 13-Nov-17 17:50:22

Just use the "Report button" at the top of the box your name and the date is in .

harrigran Mon 13-Nov-17 17:53:03

Are you sure you haven't just won a book in one of the competitions, sometimes they come straight from the publishers.

Jane10 Mon 13-Nov-17 18:04:28

When I offered 5 copies of my first book for the best responses to the initial blog post, GN chose the best ones, contacted them and asked for their addresses which were then passed to me to give to the publisher to send out.

shysal Mon 13-Nov-17 18:28:45

I have been asked to submit my address when I have won a prize. Unless you are sure you haven't entered a competition it is probably genuine.

Morgana Mon 13-Nov-17 18:47:58

Couldn't find the report button! And the contact us button asked me to download Windows 10. The email was from a grans net subscriber. Supposedly.

Day6 Mon 13-Nov-17 18:56:56

Look at what you have just written Morgana. The name bar above your post has three action bits on the right hand side. One is 'Report'. You'll be reporting yourself but you can make an enquiry that way I expect! smile

Pittcity Mon 13-Nov-17 21:01:35

Email [email protected] and ask.