Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Iphone X (10)

(15 Posts)
ElaineI Tue 02-Jan-18 18:24:44

Excellent. Live photos are amazing. DD took some of DGC watching New Year fireworks and if you keep your finger on the photo you can hear and see the fireworks!

XXGrannyXX Tue 02-Jan-18 18:14:06

Thank you ever so much for all of the help that has been provided regarding my Iphone X. I have had the realisation that the £65 a month also included £15 of a sim-only monthly contract for my husband (he doesn't use much data so just needed lots of minutes and texts). Also regarding my inability to use the phone, I have now followed your advice and used a number of helpful tutorials on the Apple Store, and have even downloaded a few apps now. I think some may have confused my post as a 'troll' due to the slight hyperbole regarding being unable to turn on the phone, when I merely did not know how to properly use the phone to the best of its abilities. But now it is all working well I am as keen as mustard to download more apps and maybe even make a Gransnet post from it.

Thank you for all of your help.

BlueBelle Tue 02-Jan-18 17:55:29

I don’t understand why people’s me included have been called trolls which I consider are people who follow people around making abusing posts This certainly hasn’t happened in this thread my post was deleted because I said ONLY. “This must be a wind up “ other posters who have also had their posts deleted said similar
It’s obviouslt XXGrannyXX is a joker as she/ he has started another thread about bitmining

ElaineI Tue 02-Jan-18 16:40:32

I don't understand what this means troll-hunting? Is the poster one or the people whose comments have been deleted?
I thought it was when people left abusive comments about people on social media but I can't see why anyone would do that about this post unless it is the post which is wrong?
Seems a simple question to me. It is an expensive contract but the phone is very expensive however maybe you have invested too much data allowance so someone from your provider should be able to assess if the contract is right for you. To switch on press the side button, to phone tap the phone icon or go to your contacts and tap their phone number. To phone a non contact tap phone then keyboard and put in the number you want. To do anything else go to the Apple site online and read the information.

LucyGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 02-Jan-18 09:19:59

As we've mentioned in the past, we don't allow troll-hunting on the threads - please report anything you are concerned about to us at GNHQ rather than speculating on the threads as it can cause untold hurt. Thanks.

NanaMacGeek Mon 01-Jan-18 22:36:21

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

BlueBelle Mon 01-Jan-18 21:39:07

Cherrytree59 Mon 01-Jan-18 21:12:53

Cancel contract ASAP
You have 14 days cooling off time

Moocow Mon 01-Jan-18 20:52:44

Go back to your grandchildren!

NanaMacGeek Mon 01-Jan-18 19:47:47

Stansgran Mon 01-Jan-18 14:37:01

mcem Mon 01-Jan-18 14:23:12

jeanie99 Mon 01-Jan-18 13:41:03

Sorry I can't offer any help as I just have an ordinary Mobile.
I should ask your grandchildren who recommended the phone to give you a few hours of their time.

£65 a month, I don't pay that much for my gas and electric direct debit.

J52 Mon 01-Jan-18 13:37:51

Did you get it from the Apple shop or Car Phone Warehouse? If so got back and get them to take you through the set up process and explain the settings etc.
I’m shocked at your monthly contract! If you don’t need it for business use, then your data use should be quite low and cost less accordingly.

XXGrannyXX Mon 01-Jan-18 12:51:57

Hello Grans,

I recently upgraded from my Samsung GT3550 to an Iphone X (10), as my grandchildren said it was the latest thing, and would make me rather cool. Suffice to say, this upgrade may have been a mistake as I am locked into a £65 a month contract and no longer know how to make phone calls or even turn on the phone. Please can I have some help from all of you grans.