Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Josephine Solitaire

(18 Posts)
Anniebach Thu 12-Apr-18 10:11:45

Thank you Phoenix x

phoenix Thu 12-Apr-18 07:56:20

I would think so, Annie go to "World of Solitaire" then choose game and in the list you should find Josephine.

Anniebach Wed 11-Apr-18 22:27:37

Can this bern found on iPad please?

phoenix Wed 11-Apr-18 22:24:40

Have cracked it! Didn't realise that once the original deal had finished, you could go again. (That probably won't make much sense!)

Be warned, as others have said, it is addictive!

mostlyharmless Wed 11-Apr-18 21:54:51

I frequently (obsessively) play Freecell and Sudoku. But I’ve tried “Josephine Solitaire” after reading about it on GN and it’s very frustrating. One in six chance of winning? I think I’ll have to give up before I get addicted.

Chewbacca Fri 30-Mar-18 20:54:05

It's driven me mad! Infuriating and addictive!

jusnoneed Fri 30-Mar-18 20:37:20

Had another play, completed one game. I think the moving around to free up columns is the secret, having to look a couple moves ahead to make use of empty ones.

Chewbacca Fri 30-Mar-18 19:08:38

Well thanks for that Phoenix! I've been on that for a couple of hours this afternoon and I've got nothing else done at all! It's certainly a challenge and a bit addictive.

Farmor15 Fri 30-Mar-18 19:01:30

I notice that you’ve only about 1 in 6 chance of winning. I prefer the ones that are solvable, but difficult, like spider solitaire. You can get “daily challenge” with spider. Sometimes it takes me a week to solve, but mostly I persist ( though waste a lot of time)

jusnoneed Fri 30-Mar-18 17:55:19

lol, sounds like someone came up with a plan to keep people trying to beat it.

phoenix Fri 30-Mar-18 17:03:56

I too often play Klondike turn three, but thought I would give this a go.

The rules are indeed pretty straightforward, but I just can't damn well win!

jusnoneed Fri 30-Mar-18 16:51:02

Just had a go, takes a couple of games to work it out but think I know how to play it, fairly straight forward but not easy to win I would imagine. Will have another go later.

ninathenana Fri 30-Mar-18 15:04:30

I'm an avid Klodike player, I hadn't heard of this version. I watched the youtube clip and it looks staightforward. I may well change my mind when I try it smile

phoenix Fri 30-Mar-18 14:19:57

Well, I haven't managed to win a single game so far!

yggdrasil Fri 30-Mar-18 11:14:17

It is much the same as Spider, but you put the cards on the same suit instead of opposite colour. This surely should make it easier as when you get the right number on the top you can move a whole string?

phoenix Fri 30-Mar-18 11:10:53

Frustrating it is indeed anno!

annodomini Fri 30-Mar-18 11:08:10

Just had a look on YouTube and I am inclined to agree with your conclusions. I think I would be very frustrated! I know for certain that you are not dense; and can't imagine that I could ever win this game.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_5ljcE0U1k

phoenix Fri 30-Mar-18 10:19:07

Morning all, hope you are well.

has anyone else tried playing this game? It driving me crackers! I'm starting believe that either:

A) I'm incredibly dense, or
B) It's impossible to win!