Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Is "sharing" a cure for ear worms?

(15 Posts)
phoenix Tue 01-May-18 23:02:22

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHESjZUoWoQ

gillybob Tue 01-May-18 23:09:28

I’m frightened to open this tonight for obvious reasons phoenix so will tell you tomorrow . grin

phoenix Tue 01-May-18 23:16:36

Oh go on "*Gillybob*, you know you want to! grin

it's been stuck in my ears for the last 4 days, and I've even listened to various versions of it, but this is by the original artist.

merlotgran Tue 01-May-18 23:20:15

What a terrible recording. grin

I love that song.

phoenix Tue 01-May-18 23:33:38

Me too merlot but I listened to so many different versions, I got all confuddled blush confused

I also love another song from that album (not saying which one, don't wan't to give Gillybob any hints wink) but you realise how dated it is from some of the lines, "lots have cars have stickers on, and lot's of young guys wear corduroy pants........."

Chewbacca Wed 02-May-18 00:11:07

Funny how you remember all the words of it even though you haven't heard it for years! Which is just as well as it will be rattling around my head for days now!

phoenix Wed 02-May-18 00:16:55

grin

Nelliemoser Wed 02-May-18 08:30:12

The conductor of one choir I go to had
"Brightly Dawn's our wedding day" as an earworm which she picked up at our Monday choir and she was still singing it last night at the other choir.

This happens a lot when you have been rehearsing some things a few times.
I just hope one choirs repertoire will cancel out the other one.

gillybob Wed 02-May-18 08:37:28

Ha ha ha you gave me a very good clue there with the corduroy pants phoenix . grin

The link must be Tell me on a Sunday and the lyrical clue is Take that look off your face !

Haven’t even opened the link and I’m singing it already . Grrrrrr

I’m right aren’t I ?

Fennel Wed 02-May-18 09:31:47

Every time I hear this one it stays with me for days:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmVTnLR02Nc

phoenix Wed 02-May-18 09:44:13

You get a gold star and a big red tick, Gillybob grin

Squiffy Wed 02-May-18 10:30:12

Ha! I know your tricks phoenix, so didn't click on the link wink BUT I read gilly's post and now I've got Take That Look Off Your Face going round and round . . .

Thanks gilly ??

wot Wed 02-May-18 15:54:15

I admit to being a bit of a weirdo, but every morning when I get up I have a song on my mind. Perhaps its to distract me from chores awaiting me! Sometimes, they are irritating songs that I don't even like.

wot Wed 02-May-18 16:01:43

The worst song in the world is "Didn't We Have a Lovely Day the Day We Went to Bangor" oh no! Wish I hadn't thought of it!

lemongrove Wed 02-May-18 17:45:31

.....or ( even worse) the Terry Wogan one All Together For The Floral Dance’ ?
......Or, ( worse still) Two Little Boys.?