Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Cafe quality

(10 Posts)
leemw711 Sun 03-Jun-18 16:14:12

New cafe just opened in my village;problem is that the coffee they sell is so disgusting as to be totally undrinkable. Wish I could think of a polite way of telling this to the owner/manager...certainly won’t begoing there again! ☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️????

janeainsworth Sun 03-Jun-18 16:16:32

Why didn't you say so at the time?

kathsue Sun 03-Jun-18 16:38:37

Unless there are a lot of cafes in your village I would give them another chance. Maybe try another drink? If its still awful you could say politely that you don't like the way their coffee is made. I'm sure they would rather have a few comments than lose customers and not know why.

M0nica Sun 03-Jun-18 16:45:32

New cafe in our village. I didn't try the coffee but had a slice of pizza and salad, which was delicious, but the knife I was given was not sharp and would not cut the crust of the pizza, so when the owner came round, whom we know, I just told him I had had difficulty cutting the crust of the pizza and as the crust was not hard enough to be the cause of the problem, it must be the knife.

Menopaws Sun 03-Jun-18 20:36:18

Leem I think if you are happy to have this cafe in the village you would be really helpful if u point it out as they will not make a success on the back of bad coffee.i have coffee machines I use at work and when it was decided we would serve coffee I insisted on good coffee and we are complimented on it regularly, it is not expensive and makes people remember you.
Pop a letter in if you feel awkward but they might really appreciate it and if they don't or don't change that's their loss and at least u tried which is a nice touch in a village

lemongrove Sun 03-Jun-18 21:45:14

I agree with Meno ( although I do receive a small remuneration for that service.) grin

Yes, let the cafe know what is wrong after the next one you have there.Could be a blip?

annep Tue 05-Jun-18 21:45:03

It's a new cafe. They will appreciate feedback. Really. They won't be offended.

Eloethan Wed 06-Jun-18 00:38:09

Yes, I think you should quietly and politely mention it. As someone else said, they may not realise and will lose business if no-one lets them know.

Digressing somewhat, what really annoys me is when I am asked "Is everything all right?" and, if it is not, I give an honest reply - only to be met with "Well, no-one else has complained".

BlueBelle Wed 06-Jun-18 06:06:27

As it’s new why not pop a good luck card through the letterbox and mention the coffee but it’s can also be about personal taste some people may hate a particular coffee taste that others like

seacliff Wed 06-Jun-18 06:34:12

Great idea Bluebelle. They won't last long if the coffee is rubbish.