Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Gransnet Insight Panel

(5 Posts)
CariGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 05-Jun-18 12:39:38

Serkeen

I feel that one is not protected enough in terms of personal details.

It could follow a barrage of advertisers contacting you for various reasons.

I feel that gransnet should make more effort to protect members that wish to become part of the Insight Panel, if they did, that then I would probably be more inclined to sign up however, as things are at the moment, I believe that one would be open to nasty possibilities.

We are subject to the same stringent data restrictions as everyone else and will never pass on your details (or sell them or give them to anyone) without your permission. Signing up for the panel means that we at Gransnet can send you emails about surveys and product tests we may be doing. If you sign up for a particular product test it will, of course, be necessary for the manufacturer or company to get in touch but that would be as a one off. If you don't sign up for any of them then no one will contact you. Do take a look at our privacy policy for further clarification.

Elegran Tue 05-Jun-18 12:09:05

Why not ask GNHQ about it, Serkeen and get a definitive answer? Then you can volunteer without worrying. Better than staying away when you don't know for sure how well Insight Panel members are protected, and putting others off joining it as well.

glammanana Tue 05-Jun-18 10:26:19

I have been a member of the Insight Panel since the beginning and have never been bothered by advertisers.

Elegran Tue 05-Jun-18 09:35:18

Have you heard that advertisers can and do contact people? Members are anonymous.

Serkeen Tue 05-Jun-18 09:22:27

I feel that one is not protected enough in terms of personal details.

It could follow a barrage of advertisers contacting you for various reasons.

I feel that gransnet should make more effort to protect members that wish to become part of the Insight Panel, if they did, that then I would probably be more inclined to sign up however, as things are at the moment, I believe that one would be open to nasty possibilities.