Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Family whatsapp

(6 Posts)
Azie09 Sun 22-Jul-18 19:18:58

Go into the settings and turn off all notifications, then you will only know they've posted if you actually choose to go and look. They probably won't notice that you aren't commenting but if they do you can appear confused/vague and claim something must have happened on your phone, perhaps a software update and you just haven't been seeing any posts!

Melanieeastanglia Sun 22-Jul-18 17:20:28

I think MissAdventure is right. Skim read it to make sure you don't miss anything important. You can comment occasionally on things which interest you and just quietly ignore the rest.

If you really want to leave the group, do so but you might miss some important news or get it later.

Esspee Sun 22-Jul-18 15:48:52

You can leave the group which might cause an adverse reaction but much simpler just don't open any messages. Being older gives us a wonderful excuse of not being IT savvy. If questioned just say you find you can't cope with yet another social network.

MissAdventure Sun 22-Jul-18 15:40:48

I would just literally skim read it. Just glance over it: job done.

BlueBelle Sun 22-Jul-18 15:28:56

Just don’t open it no one forcing you to take part just be ‘too busy’

Kristy6750 Sun 22-Jul-18 14:36:07

We have a family WhatsApp group with my siblings and some nieces and nephews but my own children have no interest. (this is fine). However I have got fed up with how it is being used by my some members of the family and really have little interest in what they are telli g me about. I feel that it is a forum for 1 sibling and son to tell the rest of the family how wonderful their lives are and how many holidays they are on etc. I don't have an issue with the holidays etc. Good on hem but I really dont need to see all of it all the time. So I wish to remove myself for this group any ideas how to do it without hurting peeps feelings? Or do I just put up with it. I know I do t have to open it but that also seems rude.