Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Nice place to eat near M1 Yorkshire

(7 Posts)
kittylester Tue 31-Jul-18 07:08:07

Just that really!

As we have some serious talking to do we are hoping to meet DH's brother and sil for a nice lunch somewhere halfway ish between us in North Leicestershire and them in North Yorkshire. We are hoping to find somewhere close to the M1/M18 - preferably a hotel so we can relax with a cup of tea afterwards and not feel we need to leave quickly.

Can anyone recommend somewhere?

Thank you.

J52 Tue 31-Jul-18 14:44:08

I regularly do the M1/A1M trip, in fact just travelled today!
If you could go a little further North, Weatherby is a lovely place to stop.

Lyndylou Tue 31-Jul-18 15:15:28

You could try Aston Hall Hotel. A couple of minutes from Junction 31 of the M1. The M18 is Junction 32 and is only 2 minutes up the motorway from 31 so it is convenient for both. Take the A57 towards Sheffield, then take an immediate right turn to Aston by the fire station and it is a couple of minutes down that road. I haven't been for a couple of years but I'm told the food is still very good.

Scribbles Tue 31-Jul-18 15:56:51

The Red Lion at Epworth is pretty good and only a few minutes from J5 of the M18 (take M180 to J2).
See www.redlionepworth.co.uk/restaurant/4586933611 for more details but you may have to book as they generally get busy on weekends.

kittylester Tue 31-Jul-18 17:26:05

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Wetherby is a bit too far for these circumstances j52, but we do go there when we go to see them in York.

We have kittens currently so need to get back for feeding. They have a dog!

Greyduster Tue 31-Jul-18 18:12:00

The Sitwell Arms at Renishaw used to be good and it is very near the M1 but we haven’t been there for some time.

kittylester Wed 01-Aug-18 09:49:47

Thanks gd, that looks lovely!