Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Child maintenance service

(2 Posts)
Rachel711 Fri 14-Sep-18 12:46:59

Hi Grans, I don't know if anyone can help with this. My daughter works as a part time nurse and is also a student. She has split up with her partner and they have a 10 month old daughter. He has been reluctant to pay any maintenance and my daughter involved the CMS (was theCSA)
She now received £9 per week from their collection service but she suspects his employer is lying about his income. They are using 2015 figures when he earned £140 per week instead of his current wage. Daughter has seen a pay slip for£340 per week. She has told CMS and appealed etc but was told that that was the only information available. They didn't really seem interested. How can a firm get away with giving old information to a government body. Has anyone else experienced anything like this and is there any remedy?
Or does my daughter just have to put up with it?

Diana54 Fri 14-Sep-18 13:21:09

The problem is that it's very easy for absent fathers to avoid payment, either by working part time for several employers, or submitting false information as in this case, there is very little the CMS can or will do if someone is deliberately not paying, only in the case of a high earner can recovery be done.