Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Female pattern hair loss

(8 Posts)
oldgimmer1 Sat 06-Oct-18 21:30:28

There are some fab wigs around, I'm sorely tempted.

sodapop Sat 06-Oct-18 20:32:07

Why is your husband against you wearing a wig Framilode ?

KatyK Sat 06-Oct-18 20:23:07

Regaine is worth a try. It didn't work for me but may for you. I have alopecia - no hair at all now. There are a few threads on here re hair loss which may help you.

Framilode Sat 06-Oct-18 19:45:20

I started losing my hair when I was 17. This has gone on through my life with occasional periods when it seemed to stop only then to return.

Now at almost 72 it has receded at the front by a couple of inches and I can see my scalp.

I can honestly say it has blighted my life. Whenever I meet anyone new I know the first thing they will be looking at is my lack of hair.

I would love to wear a wig but my husband is against it.

gmelon Sat 06-Oct-18 19:03:14

I haven't any advice in products, I'd just like to say I hope you find something to help.
I have lost my hair has twice in recent years with it returning when my health improved, so I know how it can get you down.
I live in fear of it happening
again. flowers

J52 Sat 06-Oct-18 19:00:39

My hair loss improved when I stopped using dye and anything with chemicals on my hair.
I use organic shampoo/conditioner and Argan oil, seems to have stopped hair fall out and encouraged growth.
If you’re used to colouring you might have to go cold turkey.

oldgimmer1 Sat 06-Oct-18 18:54:40

Mine too.

I've heard positive things about Minoxodil (sp)?

The only thing that works for me now is bleached highlights.

Depressing.

NanaEm Sat 06-Oct-18 18:27:07

Have any of you used Regaine foam for woman to help with thinning hair? I can now see my scalp through my hair on top of my head and my hair is noticeably thinner, just hoping there is something I can do to stop it getting any worse. Any advice would be welcome.