Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Non delivery of order

(14 Posts)
Willow10 Thu 11-Oct-18 11:26:41

I'm not sure if it is ok to name a company, so please don't post this if I am wrong. Has anyone else dealt with a company called Healthy Living Direct? I found it when looking for a dressing gown online and they had just what I wanted. I ordered and paid for it, but it hasn't been delivered and three emails have been ignored. I've tried phoning customer services but just get the usual message about their operators helping other customers and although my phonecall was apparently 'very important' to them, they still didn't answer. I don't know where to go from here.

Situpstraight1 Thu 11-Oct-18 11:45:35

Have you looked at their reviews? Pretty awful I’m afraid, but if you read through them you might find an answer to your problem.

humptydumpty Thu 11-Oct-18 12:06:22

Willow, see comments on moneysaving expert.com (martil Lewis)

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5779487

Willow10 Thu 11-Oct-18 12:22:35

OMG! I wish I had seen all this before I ordered! How are companies like these even allowed to continue trading? Looks like I can wave goodbye to my order. I'll have to go through the stress of trying to get my money back now. Thieving crooks!

Peppermint Thu 11-Oct-18 12:35:07

I've not heard of the company but it may be worth posting publicly asking them where the order is through Facebook or Twitter. I've found companies are faster to respond when people can see if they're ignoring you! I do hope you get your money back smile

Willow10 Thu 11-Oct-18 12:36:00

I've just checked my bank statement and the money was taken out on the day that I ordered. I bet they aren't so quick when it comes to refunds!

PECS Thu 11-Oct-18 12:37:17

Oh good luck! Agree cooment FB or Twitter may bri g a result.

Luckygirl Thu 11-Oct-18 12:38:08

Peppermint that is right.

One other thing that I do is to use paypal and tick the pay after delivery box.

I am sorry that you have been conned in this way Willow - it is sickening.

Willow10 Thu 11-Oct-18 12:40:22

I don't do facebook or twitter Peppermint, but thank you for the advice. Judging by their reviews, I don't think they would even care! It's so maddening, I'm usually very careful and never thought I would get caught out like this. Lesson learned - read the reviews before dealing with a new company! sad

Willow10 Thu 11-Oct-18 12:41:34

Thats good advice Luckygirl, I didn't realise you could do that.

Squiffy Thu 11-Oct-18 13:32:50

Thank you for that info, Lucky, I didn't know that either!

Willow10 Thu 11-Oct-18 13:53:00

Well, surprise suprise! I emailed (again) asking for a refund. Just as I was about to go out I found a card from Hermes to say my parcel was as a nearby garage -apparently I wasn't in! My doorbell is working and there is a large knocker on the door, so I have no idea why they thought that! Anyway the dressing gown is ok -ish - not the colour on the picture, cheap fabric and careless sewing. I've realised why their postage is so much now - the leaflets and bumff in the parcel weighed more than the item! Fortunately I used a coupon so got free postage. Thank you for your advice, at least I know not to use this company again.

Charleygirl5 Thu 11-Oct-18 15:49:26

Willow would it be worth your while to return it if it is such shoddy material? The problem is it may cost you a fortune in postage and you may not get a refund but you could try.

Willow10 Thu 11-Oct-18 16:11:13

I thought about it Charleygirl but tIo be honest, judging by the reviews I think it will be more trouble than it's worth. If they ever acknowledge one of my (now four) emails I will tell them it's finally been received and that I am very disappointed with the quality. First and only purchase from this company and I definitely wouldn't recommend.