Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

missed hair appointment

(14 Posts)
Nannarose Sat 03-Nov-18 08:12:31

Thank you again - and NanKate - I do have alerts, but just completely missed it as I was out!
I really can't explain as I look at my electronic calendar every day. I decided on Thursday to go out for the day on Friday and must have just overlooked Friday's list for some reason (maybe looked at the wrong day, I can't say as I just don't recall!)
You have all reassured me, thank you very much.

Luckygirl Fri 02-Nov-18 22:14:46

You have apologised; they have said don't worry - so don't! They know that it is important to retain your goodwill - it is a business decision.

Melanieeastanglia Fri 02-Nov-18 22:01:18

I also think your apology is sufficient if you've been told not to worry. They know it was a one-off. They've had a lot of your custom and are going to get it in the future.

If you particularly wish, you could apologise again when you next go and perhaps ask which stylist you were meant to see.

MissAdventure Fri 02-Nov-18 21:40:26

They may have fitted someone in to your appointment slot, so don't give it another thought.

Nannarose Fri 02-Nov-18 21:35:53

Thank you all

Nandalot Fri 02-Nov-18 19:55:27

I arrived a day early for my appointment with the local village hairdresser. ( I would have sworn in a court of law that I had the rIght day but my diary showed otherwise. Should have looked.) They fitted me in and my daughter took my appointment for the next day.

Bellanonna Fri 02-Nov-18 19:19:11

Nanna please don’t fret. The owner has said it was ok, so just accept that. I wouldn’t take offerings to the stylist. They possibly even fitted someone else in in your gap. Just repeat how sorry you were and then forget it.

Lynne59 Fri 02-Nov-18 19:18:14

No, don't pay for the missed appointment! It was not missed deliberately, and you apologised. A lot of people wouldn't have bothered to do that.

Situpstraight1 Fri 02-Nov-18 19:04:06

The same thing happened to me this week, I had to cancel as I was ill, only 2 hours notice, I was thanked for letting them know and I rescheduled for next week. I will tip extra next week, but I couldn’t help it and they were very nice about it.

NanKate Fri 02-Nov-18 19:01:38

Nanna accept them being understanding. Perhaps a bottle of wine or chocs for the stylist who you were seeing.

Now onto the forgetting. Yesterday I was lying in bed with my morning cuppa my DH said ‘aren’t you having your feet done today’ ? I was so surprised I had no memory of it being booked for this week. When I was with my podiatrist I asked what the pinging sound was and he said he sets alerts on his IPad and he showed me how. I have gone onto my Calendar on the IPad and entered all of my medical appointments. I found out how to do this by going onto Youtube and following the simple instructions. You can set alert sounds to remind you of your appointments, SORTED.

cornergran Fri 02-Nov-18 18:59:38

Don’t worry. The owner and the staff all know you and understand mistakes happen. Thinking about the salon I use I have heard phone calls from forgetful clients and have never heard one being asked to pay, it’s all about re-booking.

BlueBelle Fri 02-Nov-18 18:51:26

Gosh if you ve apologised that’s enough you ll make a new appointment so they ll still have your custome why pay unless you have too hairdressing y is expensive enough afraid I would only offer a sincere spology

MawBroon Fri 02-Nov-18 18:19:00

If you have been told not to worry, then let it go!
These things happen

Nannarose Fri 02-Nov-18 18:17:25

I have never done this before, and am trying to work out what to do. I completely forgot a hair appointment today - I just rang to apologise and re-schedule. I said "of course I shall pay for the missed appointment" and the owner said "oh don't worry, that's all right" but my appointment was not with her, it was with one of the others. I don't know their exact status, but assume they are 'self employed'.

I have been going to this salon, and seeing different hairdressers (there is a close-knit team of 3 + the owner) for about 4 years, so they know this is out of character.

I actually don't even know which one I am seeing when I go next week, I felt so upset, I just accepted the appointment.

I want to be reasonable and pay for my mistake, but don't want to cause an upset in the salon. I know that some of you will have occasionally done this, and some of you will have been hairdressers (or similar)and I'd really like your advice on how to proceed.