Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Earplugs

(10 Posts)
wintersday Thu 13-Dec-18 17:22:53

I wondered if anyone could recommend any good comfortable earplugs please. I have acquired noisy neighbours and am struggling to sleep.

bikergran Thu 13-Dec-18 17:28:24

I use the foam ones,you get a few pairs, just squeeze them then put in ear and they expand, take a bit getting used to but I find they are good....(have to rem not! to use them when Im up early for work) hmm

wintersday Thu 13-Dec-18 18:15:32

Thank you for your reply bikergran. Can you tell me which brand and where you get them from - thanks.

EllanVannin Thu 13-Dec-18 18:21:57

How about a shotgun ?

wintersday Thu 13-Dec-18 18:39:44

Sounds like a good idea EllanVannin, I had thought of strangulation!

Marelli Thu 13-Dec-18 19:28:33

I use Muffles from Boots, Wintersday. They are made of wax with cottonwool mixed through, and you warm them in your hand before putting them in your ears. They're very good. DH is a very loud snorer...?.
It's a shame you have to resort to earplugs though.... could you not have a wee word with your neighbours?

Craicon Thu 13-Dec-18 19:33:15

I live on the Atlantic coastline here in Ireland and when it’s very windy I have to wear earplugs to help me sleep. I just buy them from the local chemists shop. My current pack are pink and say ‘small’ and they fit quite comfortably.

JoyBloggs Thu 13-Dec-18 19:52:59

I use the foam ones that bikergran has described, they work really well for me. I buy them in packs of 10 from Screwfix and they seem much cheaper there than anywhere else.

Lynne59 Thu 13-Dec-18 20:02:22

If the neighbours are making a lot of noise at unreasonable hours, why not just go round there and tell them to stop it?

harrysgran Sun 16-Dec-18 07:44:43

I have used the foam type I can't sleep without them I buy them from ebay a couple of pounds for about twenty pairs