Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Advice My Order has gone mad!

(12 Posts)
DeeDum Thu 03-Jan-19 10:27:23

Please advice anyone!
I ordered a silver cross stroller last week from TKMAXX
described as three wheel gives weight etc, looked lovely on the photos also included black colour pack hood and apron
Reduced from £800 to £400 as last one I screen shot the page to show my husband ,..
two days later had the track and trace etc then Email be del by DHL etc
It arrived and was just the Colour pack in a small box!
When I try and track it shows delivered and signed for, I went into my local TKMAXX store but as I ordered online they can't help, I phoned customer service right away and was given a ref no and told they will get back to me heard nothing since? Have emailed them three times now still no reply other than the standard reply,..
I've paid £400 for a hood and apron worth about £50
What do I do? I'm very worried as I bought for my granddaughters baby she has no pram and I'm broke now..
fed up x

Grannyknot Thu 03-Jan-19 10:33:19

Why don't you just return it for a full credit ...?

Gonegirl Thu 03-Jan-19 10:38:01

Phone them again?

glammanana Thu 03-Jan-19 10:38:48

If you paid by Credit Card and it being over £100 you can claim back the money from them under item not as described.
Also make sure the Company knows you have told of the problem on Social Media this nearly always gets a response.
Best of luck.

Missfoodlove Thu 03-Jan-19 10:44:50

Tkmaxx are normally very good, I use their online regularly.
The store can give you an immediate refund if you have the receipt, I suggest you do this and then ask the store manager to investigate on your behalf.

Luckygirl Thu 03-Jan-19 10:54:30

Are the items coming separately maybe?

Nonnie Thu 03-Jan-19 11:03:21

You have a legal right to return anything bought online within 14 days.

trisher Thu 03-Jan-19 11:11:52

Check your DHL delivery notice for if there should have been 2 packages. Then check your order. Contact DHL and ask where your pakage is if there should have been 2. Contact TK Max. Phone and ask to speak to a supervisor. You should have a receipt for £400 return the hood and apron and ask for a full refund. (can be done in-store).

Newmom101 Thu 03-Jan-19 11:33:49

I would assume it's a two parcel order. One for the pram and one for the colour pack. Phone tkmaxx and ask how many parcels were part of the order and then contact DHL to see where the missing parts are. If they don't know then call tkmaxx again and ask for a full refund.

DeeDum Fri 04-Jan-19 09:53:33

Thanks for replies,
I phoned them again, quoted the ref no customer service supplied, they said they are still trying to find out how many parcels were sent in the order, seems it's showing as order delivered .
That's why I'm worried to return for the full refund as they may well ask me where the stroller is?
And at the moment I would quite like the stroller
Very disappointed...

trisher Fri 04-Jan-19 10:39:35

DeeDum thanks for the update DHL should have a record of your parcel being delivered and some proof of what happened. Just one warning they use independent deliverers some of whom are not as truthful as they should be. We had stuff left in an open porch which was reported as being handed to a neighbour. You might want to check with them about how many parcels they have delivered. Good luck and stick with it.

M0nica Sat 05-Jan-19 10:02:48

If really stuck, seek advice from your local Citizen's Advice or Trading Standards Officer. If all else fails take them to the small claims court or seek publicity in Local or national newspaper.

If the pram is not delivered or the money returned that is theft on the part of TKMaxx. As others say, describe your plight on social media.

I found this website that will help you resolve your problem. www.resolver.co.uk/companies/tk-maxx-complaints/contact-details