Tall vertical radiators

genie10 Sat 19-Jan-19 15:59:29

Hi. I was wondering what other people's opinions are on tall vertical radiators? I am thinking of installing them but some people say they don't give off the heat they say.

Lynne59 Sat 19-Jan-19 16:06:01

I've got one in the kitchen (to save room), and it's plenty warm enough.

Anja Sat 19-Jan-19 16:08:18

I have on the the bathroom. Plenty warm enough. Check out their BTU ratings and choose one that’s appropriate for the room.

MacCavity2 Sat 19-Jan-19 16:10:10

Yes we’ve had them in our previous house and we loved them. The one in the hall had a mirror in the centre, very useful and they take up so little floor space furniture is better balance in the rooms. The engineers fitting them will measure the room and advise on size of radiators which are far more efficient than old radiators. Hope this helps.

Alima Sat 19-Jan-19 16:22:28

We have one in the living room, plenty hot enough. It could have been fitted the other way around so shouldn’t think there is any difference in the heat given off.

PECS Sat 19-Jan-19 16:24:19

DD has them all over downstairs in her open plan home..it's always warm. Harder to dry your pants on though! grin

aggie Sat 19-Jan-19 16:26:19

Yes we had them in the last Kitchen , we found it too warm ! But that was a small Kitchen

Nonnie Sat 19-Jan-19 16:32:54

We have one in the kitchen which I thought was probably not enough for the size of the room but it is so I think it may be more efficient than the older ones. DS has them in his house too. Definitely good that they take up less space. If I were in a position to have a house built I would go for underfloor heating and no radiators at all. The do so limit where you can put things.

NotAGran55 Sat 19-Jan-19 17:31:50

Yes .Ladder style in the bathrooms and they look great , throw out a lot of heat and warm the towels .

Iam64 Sat 19-Jan-19 17:35:44

I wish I'd had these fitted rather than the traditional ones. my daughters have them in their houses, they look better and give out lots of heat

genie10 Sat 19-Jan-19 22:23:56

Thanks for all the feedback. I'll research the heat output online.

Charleygirl5 Sat 19-Jan-19 22:36:38

I have one in my bathroom, downstairs loo and it is one of two in my kitchen and I love them. I prefer them to ordinary radiators and have not had any problems with heat output.

cornergran Sat 19-Jan-19 23:26:27

Ladder style in the kitchen and bathroom. A solid panel in the hall which is lovely to lean against when I get cold and my back aches. They all do their job well. The bathroom one is almost ceiling height and has to be turned down or it's too hot in there.

harrigran Sun 20-Jan-19 08:59:33

I have them in the bathrooms, two in the kitchen and one in the hall. The radiators are super efficient and give out a lot of heat.
All the radiators in our house are stainlesss steel and that could possibly make a difference.

Franbern Sun 20-Jan-19 09:40:00

Ladder one in bathroom which gives out much more heat the the original 'normal' one. Also had one installed in my bedroom, when the wall that the long radiator used to run along had a door cut in it for my new en-suite. Gives out much more heat than original, only ever have it set on quite a low setting BUT difficult to warm clothes on just before dressing.

Nanabilly Sun 20-Jan-19 09:57:00

Our son had them in his previous home and they are exact!y the same output as the usual type.
The black ones look fab

Mapleleaf Sun 20-Jan-19 12:34:19

My friend has the ladder type (with the flatter pipes) in her kitchen and bathroom and they give out plenty of heat. However, I’ve got an upright one in my kitchen, with cylindrical pipes and only the middle pipes get hot, the outer ones are only lukewarm.. Not sure why. It was installed when we had a new kitchen, but to be honest, we are thinking of replacing it.

SueDoku Sat 26-Jan-19 13:51:24

I've got one in my hall, just at the bottom of the stairs - it's fantastic, and keeps the previously very chilly stairs and landing lovely and warm smile
My friend was so impressed that she's had one installed in her living room, and it's made a huge difference.

Charleygirl5 Sat 26-Jan-19 15:39:43

My downstairs loo was very chilly with an ordinary radiator in there on at full blast. My ladder type metal radiator has changed all of that- it looks smarter and the heat output is excellent. I also use it for drying clothes occasionally.

GrandmaKT Sat 26-Jan-19 16:24:58

We have two matt grey ones in our large kitchen-diner. They give out loads of heat. They are also a kind of curved design and are lovely for standing against when you come in and are really cold!

annep Sat 26-Jan-19 16:37:32

Good to know. useful thread.

crystaltipps Sat 26-Jan-19 17:36:21

We had a large flat panel upright in our kitchen diner fitted 4 years ago. It never got very hot despite numerous visits from heating engineers. One told us the valves were too narrow. We’ve gone back to a horizontal one which is loads better. I think it was the design that looked very contemporary but didn’t really do the job.