Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

How the ch**f (sorry) do you puddle curtains!!

(11 Posts)
Kateykrunch Mon 21-Jan-19 13:38:32

I think we are all a bit puddled lol x

Alima Mon 21-Jan-19 13:36:10

Lovely curtains. Had no idea there was such a thing as puddling, unless for a puppy. Was going to shorten mine but will now leave to show how cutting edge I am. Not.

Kateykrunch Mon 21-Jan-19 13:28:24

Ooooo, I’m thinking they look alright, I dont like change!, so 2 hours later I quite like them, but, of course, I can put some tie backs on, never thought of that, thanks Glamma x

lemongrove Mon 21-Jan-19 13:27:15

katek lovely oak leaf curtains.Must say I prefer curtains to be an inch off the floor.

BBbevan Mon 21-Jan-19 13:22:09

Apparently you lift them up and then drop them. They will then 'puddle' artistically. Or not. Have endless funKatey

glammanana Mon 21-Jan-19 12:39:30

They look good to me Katey I have overlong curtains in my bedroom and when drawn open have them lifted by draping over the ties backs to get the correct length.

MawBroon Mon 21-Jan-19 12:33:16

Oh is that a deliberate “look”?

I thought it was just me being lazy and not turning them up. Convincing myself it adds to the draughtproofing too!
#trendierthansheknew

sodapop Mon 21-Jan-19 12:28:41

Looks fine to me Kateykrunch I like the puddled look but my husband does not, I choose and buy the curtains so I win !!

jusnoneed Mon 21-Jan-19 12:26:26

I think you have to fan the material out onto the floor more than you have it, so that it looks like a puddle lol.
Hard to describe but run your hands down the curtain and when you get nearly to the bottom pull the fabric forward (leaving main part in straight position). Then spread the bit you have forward out, with the hem nearest your feet.

Teetime Mon 21-Jan-19 12:24:15

I was forever rearranging mine as they never looked right so my news one just skim the floor and hand nice and straight - suits my OCD just fine.

Kateykrunch Mon 21-Jan-19 12:19:06

Just changed our very heavy, curtains for some lovely new M&S (sale) ones. I did turn the old ones up, but unsuccessfully, I think our floor must gain/drop an inch or so along the way (floor to ceiling curtains) and they never looked ‘neat’, so I thought I would leave these unturned up and let them fashionabley puddle!, they dont, how do you do it? See photo (ignore the Artex, it will be back in fashion later this year lol)