Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Daughter's special birthday

(15 Posts)
moggie57 Mon 04-Feb-19 21:09:17

you could do a newspaper for her. celebrating her special day .you can edit it and put special photos on the front page. I done one for my cousins 60th birthday...its about £15 but its valid for a whole year ,so you can do another newspaper for another person .i can find the link for it if you want..

tanith Mon 04-Feb-19 21:05:42

Sorry I meant to add I don’t want her to feel that she’d have to ask me to go if I buy two tickets.

tanith Mon 04-Feb-19 21:03:41

I’ve had a thought about a present for my soon to be 50 daughter and now I have a dilemma, she loves the theatre and we go together sometimes with her daughter. I thought
I’d buy her tickets for the outdoor theatre at Regents Park so would it be presumptuous to also buy an extra ticket for myself as I’d love to go too?
What if she wants to go with a friend? She is single by the way, should I just leave it as just two tickets for her?

Ginny42 Sat 02-Feb-19 19:38:04

Thank you for the suggestion to check the out the National Space Centre Razzy and there is a special event commemorating the 50 years since Apollo which sounds amazing, but it's in May and she lives abroad, so it may not be possible, but I'd love to go.

If you're searching for a special gift I found some rather special jewellery today in Welsh gold - (Clogau). The Lyra constellation in gold and diamonds is gorgeous and the Eternity collection is lovely too.

Notonthehighstreet have a chain on which you can add silver rings, one for each decade of their life.

Thanks for suggestions. I'll keep looking.

Razzy Sat 02-Feb-19 10:08:15

Depends - is she into space? If so, the National Space Centre does events - I took my daughter and we had breakfast with Al Worden, one of the astronauts who went to the moon. Amazing! Otherwise maybe just something related to 1969?

Humbertbear Sat 02-Feb-19 09:11:44

A friend of mine is 60 this year and on Not on the High Street.com I found a silver 1959 sixpence mounted on a silver chain.

Jalima1108 Fri 01-Feb-19 23:12:53

I only saw the bit where you could 'buy' a piece of the moon Ginny42. What happens if someone lands on it and sets up camp? Can you charge them ground rent?

mumofmadboys Fri 01-Feb-19 22:01:08

Nice necklace and ? matching earrings

Ginny42 Fri 01-Feb-19 21:40:04

Moon rock out of stock on that site Jalima! How much did they bring back? However, if you scroll down there's a rather nice silver ring on a chain engraved - To the moon and back. It's 238,855 miles there and back! That's a lot of love.

There are more ideas on this site:
www.notonthehighstreet.com/gifts/shop-by-occasion/birthdays/50th-birthday-gifts

tanith Fri 01-Feb-19 20:38:52

My DD is also 50 next month I’ll follow this thread with interest.

harrigran Fri 01-Feb-19 20:06:04

My DD is 50 next month and I photographed her lying in front of the TV during the moonwalk. I was thinking an enlarged photo would be good but the quality was poor, very grainy.

Buffybee Fri 01-Feb-19 20:03:19

I would name a Star after her!

Jalima1108 Fri 01-Feb-19 19:58:36

Someone named stars after my DGD

I bought them all trees in a forest - a bit more down to earth.

Jalima1108 Fri 01-Feb-19 19:57:38

www.findmeagift.co.uk/gifts/buy-a-piece-of-the-moon.html

Buy a piece of the moon!

Ginny42 Fri 01-Feb-19 19:53:40

My daughter was born on 20th July 1969 - the day Neil Armstrong walked on the moon. I remember the staff telling me a man had walked on the moon and thinking, 'So What! Where do you think I've been this past 12 hours?'

So this is her 50th and I wonder if anyone has ideas for a special gift? Obviously there's no rush, but if anyone can think of something or may have seen something you would buy, I'd love to hear from you. I thought of a trip to NASA, but unfortunately her husband won't fly!