Ask a gran

Suggestions please

(9 Posts)
MawBroon Fri 22-Feb-19 10:30:42

Sorry, this was meant to accompany my post

ninathenana Fri 22-Feb-19 10:20:09

I was going to suggest a baby monitor

MawBroon Fri 22-Feb-19 10:08:29

I had one of these for Paw to summon me if he needed help. You get two (Amazon) and it has about 101 different ring tones plus volume control. Its range meant I could be outside and he could call me - very necessary.
Bless him though, many was the time I felt like lobbing it over the fence at the bottom of the garden sad

POGS Fri 22-Feb-19 10:02:58

We have a bog standard quadruple phone set.

There is a facility to ring internally as well as obviously externally.

NanaMacGeek Thu 21-Feb-19 21:06:46

How about a baby monitor? You'd only have to talk for your DH to hear you.

Baggs Thu 21-Feb-19 21:01:38

Mobile phones are useful.

MiniMoon Thu 21-Feb-19 20:52:04

What about an intercom system.
Or two Echo Dots. DH and I have separate rooms and we both have an Amazon Echo device so that we can communicate with each other if need be.

GrandmaKT Thu 21-Feb-19 20:46:59

A squeaky pet toy?

Fairydoll2030 Thu 21-Feb-19 20:43:01

DH and I have slept in separate adjoining bedrooms rooms for the past year mainly due to my ill health. I have had a couple of falls when getting up in the night for a pee and DH has struggled to pick me up. We used to have a squeaky device ( which we bought while on holiday on USA and it has proved very useful for communicating between bedrooms in the night if all is not well. Unfortunately we (I) have lost it . We are now racking our brains to find something to replace our squeaky device. We don’t want a bell as our elderly neighbour sleeps in the next room to H in her attached house. We are end of terrace of three and don’t want to freak her out.

We have racked our brains to think of what to replace our communicating device with but have drawn a blank this far....texting phoning DH’s mobile at night would freak him out. He rarely has it switched on anyway.

Be grateful for any suggestions or links THANKS,