Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Where is it?

(18 Posts)
BlueSapphire Sat 23-Feb-19 22:43:42

DH always kept our passports and EHIC cards in his 'manbag' in his wardrobe so that is where I still keep mine. I did once lose the Avon catalogue - it was in the freezer....

Coolgran65 Sat 23-Feb-19 16:15:46

I went to write dgs birthday card, it had been in my hand an hour previously when we'd brought in the groceries from the car. Could find it nowhere. DH hunted everywhere in the house, the car, and then did it again. By next day we gave up and had to buy a new card.

A week later it turned up. In the freezer, in the garage. Stuck to the bottom of a frozen pizza. !!

tanith Sat 23-Feb-19 16:02:58

Good plan Charleygirl5 ?

Charleygirl5 Sat 23-Feb-19 16:00:18

If I lose something as tanith did, I usually give up and then forget about it for a day. The next day I have normally mislaid something else and usually the first item appears- large as life and it would have been impossible to miss it the previous day. This happens to my driving licence although 99% of the time I put it in the same place.

Jane10 Sat 23-Feb-19 14:49:37

Passport renewal is brilliant these days. Just a matter of days and they update you every day with the current progress of the renewal. Pity its so expensive though! Oh well.

tanith Sat 23-Feb-19 14:08:18

Usually it sits in my bedside drawers has done for years I lost it because I had to remove everything from the room for decorating and new furniture hence I moved it somewhere safe ???

MiniMoon Sat 23-Feb-19 10:47:37

My passport lives in a drawer in my bedroom, inside a zip up writing case given to me in my 21st birthday by our next door neighbour.
I never did find my driving licence, but I've now got a new plastic one, which I applied online for.

harrigran Sat 23-Feb-19 08:12:13

I always put my passport in the safe so I know where to look when I need it, which I did yesterday to renew my driving licence.

Urmstongran Fri 22-Feb-19 22:04:21

Excellent news! I’m sure we all felt for you there tanith
My very first thought actually was ‘I bet it’s on the pocket of the coat that’s missing in MissA’s house! Then I saw your post! Snap Miss A!

Grannynise Fri 22-Feb-19 21:21:54

Phew. Not silly at all. It's very frustrating when you know something is definitely in your home but you can't find it.

tanith Fri 22-Feb-19 18:36:39

Relief I’ve found it HURRAH!

It was on the kitchen worktop JackyB I’d put it in the envelope that they gave me when I had the digital photo taken and I’d put it where I put new post that arrives till I’ve dealt with it next to the breadbin.
Thanks everyone I was beginning to panic silly me .

JackyB Fri 22-Feb-19 18:26:04

Hope it's not stuck behind the wallpaper.

Sorry - daft idea.

Have you found it yet? Have you checked

hmm all your handbags
hmmall your pockets
hmmall your desk drawers
hmmthe hall table in case you got it ready to post off
hmmthe kitchen worktop in case you put it down there to go and look for an envelope
hmmthe toilet roll holder in the loo, in case you put it down there when you went to the loo

Grannynise Fri 22-Feb-19 18:22:25

In the suitcase you used when you last went away?

tanith Fri 22-Feb-19 18:00:23

I’ve checked everywhere I can think of including suggested places, everything is in a new place/drawer but it’s in this house somewhere???
Now I’m off to check eBay for MissAdventures coat just in case?

MissAdventure Fri 22-Feb-19 17:25:05

Its probably in the pocket of the 'lost coat' which I almost sold on eBay (which is still AWOL)

EllanVannin Fri 22-Feb-19 17:18:34

Inside the fridge,even ? In your handbag ?

lemongrove Fri 22-Feb-19 17:10:38

Have you checked behind the fridge and down in the sofa?
grin

tanith Fri 22-Feb-19 17:05:48

So I was going to renew my passport today, got the digital photo ready to go and want to do it before it goes up in March just in case I do decide to travel a bit.
I’ve had my bedroom redecorated with new wardrobes so I’ve spent a week sorting out everything and putting things away and sorting ‘stuff’ I had my passport and thought put it there cos I know I’m going to need it, now I can’t find it anywhere. I’ve looked in every drawer, box and cupboard and it’s nowhere to be seen.

So own up who’s got my blasted passport???