Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Pull on jeans

(62 Posts)
MiniMoon Thu 14-Mar-19 11:39:31

I am needing a new pair of straight leg jeans. I am finding it increasingly difficult to fasten the button at the waist due to arthritis in my thumb joints.
Does anyone wear pull on jeans, do they stay put, or slip down?
Which brands would you recommend?
I'm a size 14 and 5' 3" in height .
Thank you.

MiniMoon Fri 15-Mar-19 14:19:33

Thanks folks. I have several pairs of jeggings. It's proper jeans I'm after, the pair I'm currently wearing are slim legged, I want straight leg jeans. I've seen some in Chums catalogue, my Dad used to buy clothes from them (eek! I must be an old woman). ??

LadyJus Fri 15-Mar-19 12:25:09

I swear by Matalan own brand jeggings, they look fabulous, fit very well and wash perfectly - extremely comfortable to wear too! I cannot praise them enough and I'm the jegging queen (according to my DGC!)

Diggingdoris Fri 15-Mar-19 11:54:10

Yes I'm a Bon Marche fan as well, as they have a bit of stretch.

Fernbergien Fri 15-Mar-19 11:45:35

MiniMoon I am exactly your size. I like smart pull on jeans. I buy Quaker jeans from QVC (TV) Super. Do short length in some styles. Even though a 14 with not slim thighs they are perfect in size small!!!! I have just bought another pair in standard but will take up. When I buy their nice tops it is a medium. I too have arthritis.

Craftycat Fri 15-Mar-19 11:45:14

I bought some from Sainsbury's. They were skinny leg but they do straight leg too ( I am NOT skinny BTW!!)
They fit well & wash well & were very well priced.

Megs36 Fri 15-Mar-19 11:21:23

I find pull on trousers tend to 'bag' at the back/waist despite having plenty to fill them??

annabelindajane Fri 15-Mar-19 11:17:13

Brax Pamina - Bella di Notte have them on website , expensive but great quality and mine are still good 5 years on . If you watch for sales 5hen you can get them cheaper.

emilie Fri 15-Mar-19 11:09:39

Peacocks.Perfect if you are not planning a cat-walk.

silverlining48 Fri 15-Mar-19 10:50:01

Am wearing my asda ones now, very comfy and only about £12.

Yorkshiregirl Fri 15-Mar-19 10:46:46

Dorothy perkins Eden jeggings are my favourite, and they also do othe fab ranges for £15

Millieangel Fri 15-Mar-19 10:43:59

Asda are fabulous value for money.
They fit like a glove & are lovely smooth fabric.

Kim19 Fri 15-Mar-19 10:34:33

I've had great success with Damart. They do 4 leg lengths in pretty much all of their trousers.

4allweknow Fri 15-Mar-19 10:24:34

Have a look at Bon Marche as they do a range of straight leg jeans that has elasticated sections in the waist. There is a button and zip but waist stretches out to allow a bit of fiddling with the front. The style is Sara.

NotSpaghetti Fri 15-Mar-19 10:22:35

I have to wear a belt with the George stretchy jeans. Always fall down.
Don't recommend though they look OK.

ToadsMum Fri 15-Mar-19 10:16:18

Seasalt do great pull on jeans. Wide range of sizes and they keep their shape after washing which a lot don’t do.
French brand Captain Tortue did an amazing paire a few years ago so worth looking out to see if they bring more back

Singlegrannie Fri 15-Mar-19 10:06:39

I have a few pairs of pull on jeggings which look great but I find them extremely painful to pull off because of the arthritis in my thumbs ! Cope better with buttons .

Miep1 Fri 15-Mar-19 10:06:36

Next for me too

Chucky Fri 15-Mar-19 10:00:54

M&S jeggings. They have a zip, but depending on your shape pull up and down without having to open them due to stretchy material. They have different leg lengths, short, regular and long. Also in black, green, blue etc. as well as denim so suitable for anything. Only trousers / jeans I wear. I buy them at M&S outlet and only £15 maximum cost (sometimes cheaper).

trendygran Fri 15-Mar-19 09:51:42

I have three pairs of jeans from Bonmarche ,which fit better and are more comfortable than any I have had from M and S. They have some elastic at the back and are easy to fasten+,even with arthritic fingers,which I also have.

glammanana Fri 15-Mar-19 09:44:35

Minimoon Next have some really good pull on jeggings and the denim is not too thick or harsh for Spring they fit beautifully well worth a try they come in different lengths so you are sure to find a great fit,I have bought the black and mid blue for this year £20 a pair so will not break the bank.

annep1 Fri 15-Mar-19 09:07:19

M&S also Bon Marche and they do different lengths. Buttoned with elasticated waist might suit.

Lilypops Fri 15-Mar-19 08:28:09

I have Next Jeggings in petite , I am 5'1 size14 and they fit perfectly , I like the dark rinse denim , very stretchy , very comfy,

BlueBelle Thu 14-Mar-19 14:23:25

Asda skinny jeggins suit me fine

MiniMoon Thu 14-Mar-19 13:50:32

I've got several pairs of leggings from Sainsbury's. They fit me well, and I wear them with my short dresses and tunics. It's jeans I'm really looking for, straight leg (not tight), to wear with blouses and sweaters for early spring. Thank you all for the suggestions, I'll have to pin DH down to a day so I can go shopping.?

mumofmadboys Thu 14-Mar-19 12:53:25

M and S jeggings are good and comfy