Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Vitamins

(12 Posts)
Nanabanana1 Tue 02-Apr-19 19:23:23

Thank you all for your advice, as I say will see doctor on Thursday.

agnurse Tue 02-Apr-19 18:59:04

You might ask your doc to screen you for depression. This can cause fatigue. Fortunately it is very treatable. The losses you describe could absolutely cause a reactive depression.

Gonegirl Tue 02-Apr-19 17:25:55

Ah. Just read you are seeing your doc. That's good. smile

Gonegirl Tue 02-Apr-19 17:24:15

You are not waffling on Nanbanana. The losses you have had must have been unbearable. You are being very brave in carrying on as you do.

It wouldn't hurt to have a talk with your doctor just to be on the safe side. It might turn out that something like counselling could help you. But I personally think our seventies is the time tiredness start to kick in a bit. It's only natural and nothing to worry about.Some vitamins certainly wouldn't do any harm.

Very best to you.

luluaugust Tue 02-Apr-19 16:58:25

Nanabanana1 I am sorry you are going through a very difficult time and quite possibly that is the reason you are tired, however, it must be the GPs first before Vitamins. You say you are managing not to burden others with your grief and I know not everyone agrees with talking things over with some one, but do you think it might help you.

KatyK Tue 02-Apr-19 16:58:22

Nanabananal What a horrible time you've had. No wonder you are exhausted flowers

Esspee Tue 02-Apr-19 16:33:25

Have your doctor run some blood tests. You could have one of any number of deficiencies and it is important to know exactly what your body needs. Just taking random supplements simply results in expensive urine.

Nanabanana1 Tue 02-Apr-19 16:32:33

Hi Gonegirl, lost my husband 2 and half years ago and my second daughter 9 months ago, grief still feels raw although managing not to burden others with it quite well. Walk my dog nearly every day and felt fit up until a few weeks ago. Seeing doctor this week, sorry to waffle on.

crazyH Tue 02-Apr-19 16:30:36

If the 'circumstances' are causing you undue stress, that can make you feel tired - I'm not a doctor, but I know if I've got something worrrying me, I feel tired, lack energy and no incentive to do anything. As Charleygirl says, see your GP.

Gonegirl Tue 02-Apr-19 16:22:12

The Sanatogen one for the over 50s? Thinking of getting some of those for myself.

It most likely is due to ageing, but don't know the "circumstances" you mention.

Charleygirl5 Tue 02-Apr-19 16:17:15

You should take a trip to your GP first.

Nanabanana1 Tue 02-Apr-19 16:14:10

Hi, I am feeling very tired lately not sure if it’s age or circumstances but wondered if anyone could recommend a good vitamin supplement to give me a boost. I’m 71 if that helps. Thanks