Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Comfy pyjamas

(91 Posts)
kittylester Sat 27-Apr-19 17:44:20

Can anyone suggest pyjamas that are reasonably priced, natural fabric and with seams in the trousers that are not really hard around the crutch.

My current ones are m and s and can get really uncomfortable when they ride up.

Sorry, if this is tmi but I've spent most of this week in bed with a sinus infection so the problem looms very large at the moment.

Sheilasue Sun 28-Apr-19 15:15:53

I have a pair of bottom pjs from Matalan, very comfy and need no ironing they are cotton. Get well soon.

Yorkshiregirl Sun 28-Apr-19 14:54:46

Simple solution iis to wear some comfortable undies underneath, but marks and Spencer do some soft comfortable ones. I personally prefer the knee length as i can't stand full length

Helen2806 Sun 28-Apr-19 14:48:40

Yep, I sleep in knickers and a vest top. I put pj bottoms in before bed or when I get up.

JanaNana Sun 28-Apr-19 14:45:46

The Edinburgh Woollen mill shops also sell pyjamas. I don't wear them myself but noticed them around December time when buying something else in there. I think the tops and bottoms came separately so you could always get the bottoms in the next size to what you would normally buy to allow for the extra comfort. Hope you soon feel much better.

grannylyn65 Sun 28-Apr-19 14:41:38

Matalan, Primark x

Aepgirl Sun 28-Apr-19 14:29:48

Biden are lovely - good natural cotton, and comfy.

Bijou Sun 28-Apr-19 14:13:16

I have always worn nighties as I liked to get the air to my parts but now I am old and slightly incontinent have to wear knickers as well underneath.

crazyH Sun 28-Apr-19 14:08:03

Asda wyncyette pyjamas are the best !!!!

Jeannietea Sun 28-Apr-19 14:02:46

Definitely wear knickers - so much more comfortable.

lindiann Sun 28-Apr-19 13:59:49

I bought my brother some pyjamas which he would not wear because they did not have an opening and fly bottoms. I kept them and they are the most comfortable warm fleecy pyjamas I have ever worn smile

Rosiehaha Sun 28-Apr-19 13:53:59

Primark......I had a pair and they lasted 8 years! I know this as I bought them to wear to a fancy dress party where everything had to begin with a ‘p’. and it was a 30 yr old party the guest of honour is now 38 and I have just thrown them away. The brushed cotton ones are best and always get a size bigger.

On another note wearing Pj’s and slippers to a party was the most comfortable I have ever been at any party!!!

EthelJ Sun 28-Apr-19 13:16:59

For some reason I can't seem to wear pj's anymore and it is very annoying. I find them very uncomfortable in the night whatever the size they always seem too tight and I wake up in the night very uncomfortable with a swollen stomach. I wear trousers in the day no problem but have resorted to nightdresses for bed.
I am watching this thread very carefully to see if I can find any recommendations for comfy pj's.

Glosgran Sun 28-Apr-19 13:16:32

Maybe get a bigger size if you want them to be roomy or make sure that you try them on at an Asda store:
direct.asda.com/george/women/nightwear-slippers/post-surgery-floral-soft-touch-pyjamas/GEM662825,default,pd.html?cgid=D1M1G20C18

direct.asda.com/george/women/nightwear-slippers/post-surgery-grey-star-print-button-through-pyjamas/GEM662821,default,pd.html?cgid=D1M1G20C18

Glosgran Sun 28-Apr-19 13:06:22

I have some really roomy and comfy viscose jersey pyjamas from George at Asda. Viscose is made from natural fibres and is cool to wear and doesn't smell if you perspire. They do a range for those recovering from breast surgery and a percentage of the cost goes to a cancer charity.

Bazza Sun 28-Apr-19 12:41:43

Just lose the knickers! I’ve never worn anything in bed since I realised when I started work I was expected to buy my own nightwear. I’d far rather put the money towards a new dress! The downside to this is being in hospital and feeling so constricted in bed with clothes on.

ReadyMeals Sun 28-Apr-19 12:16:47

I wear close-fitting leggings and a tee shirt as I can't bear things that twist round me when I move

annodomini Sun 28-Apr-19 12:06:35

Bon Marché has a nice selection, all in cotton.

pce612 Sun 28-Apr-19 12:05:07

I buy my PJs as seperates, in cotton or bamboo jersey. Bamboo is particularly soft.
I get them from ASDA, Tesco and Sainsburys. They usually have matching tops available or if not, cami tops or tee shirts in complementing colours.

grandtanteJE65 Sun 28-Apr-19 11:54:53

What about wearing a long tee-shirt and a pair of comfy underpants or leggings?

Kerenhappuch Sun 28-Apr-19 11:52:27

PS Even more sorry to hear that you have a "crutch"

My mum always referred to trousers having a 'crutch', and thought the word 'crotch' was an Americanism, so there you go!

rascal Sun 28-Apr-19 11:51:13

I like long legs and top with collar and buttons up ftont. I always buy one size larger that way they are more comfortable on bed.

Callistemon Sun 28-Apr-19 11:48:47

I suppose comfortable pj bottoms depend on how tall you are - they don't seem to allow for that.

Kate51 Sun 28-Apr-19 11:47:47

I like Carol Hochman , sometimes get them in Costco if you have a card. If not QVC usually have them, I usually wait for the sale.

Ashcombe Sun 28-Apr-19 11:45:04

I like PJ's from George at Asda (especially those with elastic at the ankles) or Tesco. Reasonably priced and comfortable.

keffie Sun 28-Apr-19 11:34:05

I only buy my PJ'S/loungewear from Peacocks. It is cotton Jersey type for winter and summer wear. Very reasonable priced. I love there PJ'S and loungewear.

I have two large drawfuls of there products. I am a straight into my PJ'S girl when I get home so it gets plenty of use.