Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Foxes

(5 Posts)
jusnoneed Sun 26-May-19 10:33:02

According to pest control site you can try something called Scoot, mix with water and foxes don't like the smell. Another site said to clean the area they are fouling using bio washing powder.
Same tip about using mens urine (not womans) - I can remember my Grandad doing this many years ago! Although his garden was immaculate they kept chooks in the orchard, one reason to hate foxes.

Fennel Sun 26-May-19 10:04:23

I was going to suggest something like pheonix's idea - human male urine can be a deterrent to wolves, so might work with foxes.
Our border collie sometimes used to roll in fox poo - what a smell !

Urmstongran Sun 26-May-19 09:43:48

Our eldest daughter who lives just outside Leeds with her partner videoed on her phone a mother fox and her 3 baby cubs at the bottom of her garden two weeks ago. Very cute! She was delighted to see them enjoying their (pretty wild) garden.

phoenix Sun 26-May-19 09:39:38

You could try lion dung, you can get it on Amazon!

flaxwoven Sun 26-May-19 09:30:15

Any ideas how to deter foxes from the garden? We are finding droppings nearly every morning on the grass or in flowerpots. Have tried a pet spray on outside walls, have tried putting lumps of cat hair at entry points, have put netting and stones in the flowerpots but they just do it on the patio or grass instead. We have seen a youngish fox come right up near our back door and think it may regard our garden as its territory. Any bright ideas?