Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Cookery subscription for Children

(7 Posts)
kittylester Tue 03-Dec-19 15:40:49

I'm trying to find a cookery subscription for 2 of my DGD - aged almost 9 and 6. Has any one found one? Was it any good?

midgey Tue 03-Dec-19 16:35:23

We are looking for a gluten free cookery course for our granddaughter, easily accessible from the Midlands!

BradfordLass72 Wed 04-Dec-19 03:10:50

I'd go for a good age-appropriate cookery book as courses, good though they may be, have no later references, other than a few notes taken at the time.

I actually made my own book for my son; of all the easy-to make recipes he loved.
Cost very little to get it printed up - now you could do it on your computer and just have it spiral bound. Nice and personal.

kittylester Wed 04-Dec-19 06:37:20

What I'm looking for is a monthly kit that comes in the post with all the necessary ingredients. Similar to various ones available for adults.

Humbertbear Wed 04-Dec-19 08:47:33

There’s someone online who does live cookery lessons once a month. You buy the ingredients in advance and cook along with her in your own home . I’m sure you can find her if you google her. I’ll ask my DiL if she still has the details. My GC were invited along to be in one of her programmes because they asked so many questions!

Missfoodlove Wed 04-Dec-19 10:35:04

Here’s the link. thisfamilyreviews.com/review-bkd-mini-bakers-club/
This was on Dragons Den.
Monthly bakers box.

kittylester Wed 04-Dec-19 10:57:47

Thank you - I'll check it out!