Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Flower delivery service

(25 Posts)
ladytina42 Sat 14-Dec-19 18:16:25

I would like to send some flowers to a friend who lives some distance away, can anyone recommend a delivery service. I heard some bad reviews of Interflora so needing recommendations, thankyou x

SilverDarlings12 Sat 14-Dec-19 18:24:17

I have been using Bloom and Wild letterbox flowers for a
long time. They have a good website. +

Maggiemaybe Sat 14-Dec-19 18:27:11

I was just about to recommend Bloom & Wild as well. smile When I wanted a special bouquet sending, I spent quite some time googling reviews of the various companies and this one came out tops. I'm told the flowers were beautiful (though I never saw them myself!).

Maggiemaybe Sat 14-Dec-19 18:28:11

I also found a discount code online to use for a first order.

Greenfinch Sat 14-Dec-19 18:55:54

I used Amazon recently.Apparently they were beatiful and arrived in good condition but a day before what I requested.

Missfoodlove Sat 14-Dec-19 18:56:02

Serenata. I’ve always used them. Superb next day service.

ladytina42 Sat 14-Dec-19 18:57:29

Thankyou ladies, I had heard of bloom and wild but want a delivery bouquet and not a letterbox, shall look into the others mentioned, thankyou x

BlueBelle Sat 14-Dec-19 18:58:17

I didn’t rate Bloom and wild sent for some this summer for my daughter and they arrived on time and in good health but they were poor looking I thought nothing like what I expected I mentioned it to a friend and she had had a similar story (they look lovely on the website though)
I always find a local shop and ring them to deliver and not been disappointed yet

Oopsminty Sat 14-Dec-19 18:58:40

Next, M&S, John Lewis.

Used them all, either giving or receiving, and they've all been excellent.

Greyduster Sat 14-Dec-19 19:56:26

I used Interflora recently and was told the flowers were beautiful. Nitpicking, but I thought the delivery charge was a bit steep considering the florist was only a mile and a quarter away from the delivery address.

Septimia Sat 14-Dec-19 21:02:40

Bunches. Anyone I have sent flowers to through them has commented on how well the flowers have lasted.

NotAGran55 Sat 14-Dec-19 21:09:25

When I send flowers I call a couple of florists that are local to the recipient and talk to them about what I would like to send . The feedback has always been 100% .

Suki70 Sat 14-Dec-19 21:29:33

Bunches, Serenata, Flying Flowers - all of these are good but the best bouquet I've received was from a local florist through Interflora. Last Christmas my daughter sent me flowers from Bloom and Wild. We didn't think they were worth the money my daughter had paid so I rang to complain. To the company's credit they replaced them with better flowers.
I still prefer to receive a bouquet rather than have to arrange the flowers myself though.

grannyticktock Sat 14-Dec-19 22:02:16

I have done the same as notagran: used the internet to find a florist local to the recipient, then phoned and arranged seasonal flowers to suit, for a total price including delivery. I never saw the flowers but they seemed to please her, and to offer more for (say) £25 than I'd have got from Interflora etc.

NanTheWiser Sun 15-Dec-19 12:28:27

I always use Flying Flowers, and there is often a discount code if you search.

Teetime Sun 15-Dec-19 12:48:35

I have used a lot of different companies but now find it best to look up a local florist on line and deal with them direct. 2 Lips in Warrington have been brilliant on time, good value and so fresh. In this area Sophie's are the best.

mumofmadboys Sun 15-Dec-19 12:52:32

I use M and S or phone local florist directly

Kalu Sun 15-Dec-19 13:15:47

I use my local florist and always pleased with choice and service

Whenever DD2 in Australia sends me a bouquet I send her a photo of my flowers displayed at home. Let’s her know I am thrilled plus it is exactly as she ordered.

Patsy70 Fri 20-Dec-19 17:46:19

I always use a florist local to who I am sending to - it is more personal and usually less expensive, and the recipients have been delighted.

grannyactivist Fri 20-Dec-19 17:57:54

I have sent many Flower Cards, but today I actually received one and I'm delighted with it. They're so pretty and unusual.

BlueBelle Fri 20-Dec-19 18:01:05

Yep I prefer local florist a phone call and they ve always been lovely

Thorntrees Fri 20-Dec-19 19:09:56

I’ve used Bunches for many years.Their website is easy to navigate, flowers always lovely and last well.Free delivery unless you want a specific day and you can add chocolates and other bits if you want. They now do letterbox flowers but I haven’t tried those as yet.

whywhywhy Fri 20-Dec-19 19:14:50

Flying flowers are great.

Daisymae Fri 20-Dec-19 20:45:54

Bloom and wild have always delivered ultra fresh flowers. M and s offer free delivery and should arrive in time for Christmas

Coolgran65 Fri 20-Dec-19 20:58:18

I send flowers often to one DIL in UK and one DIL in the USA. In each case I use a florist near to their home. I just phone them, say how much I want to spend, and pay by card. Perfect. No admin expenses by any middle man.

It's easy to find a suitable florist, just Google 'Florist' together with the recipient's post code.

My friend is a florist and refuses to do Interflora. She says that after their cut it didn't leave enough to do a bouquet/arrangement that she was happy to put her name to.