Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Forum for my husband

(8 Posts)
Floradora9 Tue 17-Mar-20 16:19:49

He should find facebooks groups . I get feeds from history sites , crime book readers, old ??? the town I live in and one for the town I no longer live in but keep in touch with what is happening there .

Davidhs Tue 17-Mar-20 13:12:10

Lots of forums, cars, fishing ,golf, aircraft whatever you are interested in, most are not as active a Gransnet but then men don’t chat as much.

Parky Tue 17-Mar-20 12:40:40

Silly question, but in spite of going through old posts I still haven't discovered what all the acronyms mean. Told to look at menu, nothing there under acronyms and advice to click on purple at top of forum doesn't help either.

I get the easy ones but, for example what is MET supposed to mean. Meteorological??

EllanVannin Tue 17-Mar-20 10:29:43

Also gardeners forums.

Nonnie Tue 17-Mar-20 10:06:36

Just Googled historical forums and there are loads

Cabbie21 Tue 17-Mar-20 10:01:31

He could sign up to receive e- bulletins from Historic Houses, English Heritage etc, without being a member, I think. Not quite what you asked for, I know.

Luckygirl Tue 17-Mar-20 09:11:35

Coursera and Futurelearn do free online courses and I am sure you could find something that relates to his interests. Most courses have a forum where students chat about the course and the subject in general.

Dawn22 Tue 17-Mar-20 09:00:02

Would be glad to hear if anyone else has any ideas about any forums my husband could join just to help with this self quarantine issue.
His main interests are
Historical Homes and Old Country Homes.
Tks a mil. Dawn.