Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

How do Morrisons deliver groceries?

(17 Posts)
ExD Fri 17-Apr-20 16:44:41

That is terrible Harrigran especially as they've taken your money.
I wonder if your order was delivered to someone else - someone not exactly honest?
I did once (ages ago when I broke my back and was getting regular deliveries easily) get 2 bags of someone else's goods. I phoned them (easy in those days) and they said to keep the goods free of charge.
But waiting 10 days or more is not on - if you can't reach them online then send a letter by old fashioned snail mail to the Chief executive officer (with copies to everyone else on their board of directors) NOW.

harrigran Tue 14-Apr-20 20:41:43

I am supposed to have had a delivery of ready meals from Morrison's today, it is 8.30pm and they have not delivered the goods. They have taken the money out of the bank account, on emailing them they said they would get back to us in 7 to 10 days. Ensuring the vulnerable get fed my eye, just as well we were able to cobble something together.

EllanVannin Tue 14-Apr-20 19:45:38

Full cream milk freezes well WOODMOUSE. I know this from others, I get semi-skimmed myself.

Calendargirl Tue 14-Apr-20 18:52:59

Woodmouse49

I always freeze skimmed milk, never had a problem.?

MamaCaz Tue 14-Apr-20 18:50:13

I presume you have to say you are self isolating if you want your delivery to arrive in bags?

I'm trying to arrange a Morrison's delivery for my mum now, and had been about to ask exactly what the OP asked, but she she beat me too it. Good timing grin

Charleygirl5 Tue 14-Apr-20 18:43:34

callgirl I have been with Morrisons for years and from memory I think I was given a choice, crate or bags and I chose bags. Normally I would return the bags and receive 3p for each but at present I am keeping heaps here and use them in my waste bin.

If you order again ask for bags.

callgirl1 Tue 14-Apr-20 17:37:47

I had a delivery from Morrisons last week, my first ever, nothing was in bags, the driver plonked the crates on the doorstep then stood back whilst I emptied them. It took me a while as my back was playing up, but if that`s the price to pay for a delivery, so be it. I`m envious of all you who`s stuff was in bags though.

WOODMOUSE49 Tue 14-Apr-20 12:17:25

ExD Had to wait three weeks between my deliveries

Skimmed milk doesn't freeze well. Semi is fine. Don't know about full cream.

WOODMOUSE49 Tue 14-Apr-20 11:01:23

Getting my 2nd delivery next week.

First delivery excellent except poor driver got lost. Cornwall is a very rural county. SATNAV doesn't always get you where you want to go. He rang me and got here safely.

Refrigerated van so frozen food all OK. Bagged - some paper and some plastic.

Re the actual ordering. 1/3 of items were changed and about 1/3 out of stock so I need to get help getting some eggs, bread and meat in.

Hope next driver is OK. It's 8:00 - 9:00 at night. No street lights down our long long track!

I do shop at Morrisons but it is was the only supermarket I found where I could get an order slot. Couldn't get another slot until the first order had been delivered.

But a big thumbs up for my local village SPAR. They are working with a volunteer (who has a free loan of an AGE Concern minibus during the crisis). Ring + Order one day - delivery the next day. Using them for the essentials now. Brilliant fresh bread from Tom the Baker. He's delivers to the SPAR every morning. I found all this on our village community facebook page.

Helennonotion Tue 14-Apr-20 09:58:49

Oh and ExD Yes I buy just a pint of milk to put in the freezer in case of emergencies! It takes a while to defrost but is absolutely fine when it does.

harrigran Tue 14-Apr-20 09:57:30

Yes you can freeze milk, I am sittin looking at a bottle defosting on the worktop.
I am envious of your multiple deliveries we have not been able to get any shopping delivered and just secured a slot for May 1st at 11pm at night.

Helennonotion Tue 14-Apr-20 09:55:00

Thank you all for your comments! I feel reassured that Mum & Dad will cope now. I'm ringing soon, so I can explain the procedure for them. GranEd Yes they are quite excited about this 'new' way of shopping! A whole new world in so many ways.

ExD Tue 14-Apr-20 09:26:44

Same here, they came in those nice paper bags, and the driver pointed out the frozen bag. I don't have a porch so he left them in the garage next to the back door.
I was really pleased and am expecting another delivery from them on Sunday.
(I feel a bit greedy having secured two slots when some people have none). I also felt a bit greedy because I doubled up on a lot of things so that I won't need another delivery for at least a fortnight (apart from milk) as I am happy with frozen veg.
Can you freeze milk?

Blinko Tue 14-Apr-20 09:16:40

I had my first Morrisons delivery last week. It was as GranEd says. In bags, left in the porch with the front door closed till he went on his way. No problem at all..

Charleygirl5 Tue 14-Apr-20 09:11:08

I have been using Morrisons for years. The driver last week was going to dump my bags of groceries at the side of the road, I would have had mega problems, but I asked for them to be popped in my porch and I also stood watching with the glass door closed.

If anything is frozen it is delivered in a slightly lighter grey bag than usual. The last fellow was actually 2 hours early- I have no idea why but I was not complaining.

GranEd Tue 14-Apr-20 08:59:35

Hi Helennonotion,

I had my first ever delivery from Morrisons on Saturday and,probably like your mum, was very worried about the logistics of it all. I’m pleased to say it went very well.
Everything was bagged, the driver rang the doorbell to let me know he’d arrived and from the other side of the closed door told me he would put it all in the porch and then close the porch door behind him and ring the bell to let me know he’d finished..
It was all done safely and cheerfully.
Hope this reassures you all.
It’s a whole new world for us isn’t it? ?
Take care.

Helennonotion Tue 14-Apr-20 08:07:59

Good morning. I have managed to secure a delivery slot from Morrisons for my parents, but have never personally used them. I searched their website, but there is no information about how the groceries are actually delivered? Have they gone back to bagged deliveries? Do they leave the bags on the doorstep and retreat to a safe distance? My last grocery delivery from Asda (pre Covid) came in big boxes and I had to individually remove the items and stack it in my hallway! This would prove difficult for my parents right now and the delivery driver can't take it to their kitchen obviously! Has anyone had a Morrisons delivery recently and can tell me their procedures, so I can reassure Mum all will be done safely! Thank you.