Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Morrison's delivery slots

(11 Posts)
MamaCaz Wed 15-Apr-20 19:03:55

I'm trying to get one of these for my mum, but only the next three days show up, and are all taken. There is a calendar, but only those three days appear to be active on it, and if I click on the button that says 'next 3 days', I just get a message saying that 'we have no more slots available'.

None of this surprised me, but my mum was speaking to someone this morning who has just arranged three different deliveries with Morrison's, one this week, one for next week and one, mum thinks, for the week after.

Now I am wondering if I am doing something wrong!

It could be a local thing (huddersfield), and maybe the person who said it has her delivery from a different store, though my mum doubts it.

Those of you ordering from Morrison's, I would be interested to know if you have a wider choice of dates - or at least would have, if any of them were available?

BlueSky Thu 16-Apr-20 08:15:38

Every time I've tried (and queued) at the end it says: 'We have no slots in your area'. I've recently signed up for home delivery with them but before I used to visit their supermarket regularly.

dragonfly46 Thu 16-Apr-20 08:19:12

I only seem to be able to get Sainsburys because I am on their vulnerable list. For some reason I am not on anybody else’s.

Charleygirl5 Thu 16-Apr-20 08:41:26

MamaCaz I normally shop online with Morrisons and the same happened to me recently. I am afraid I kept on and on for a week, trying at different times of the day until I eventually got a slot - next Wednesday 22nd.

I also found it frustrating when others appeared to be able to get whatever slots they wanted. I was offered one the next day but I had just received a delivery so that was of no use to me. My slots appear to be about a month apart so I order accordingly.

posset Thu 16-Apr-20 08:51:27

I'm flipping between Morrisons, Waitrose and Tesco and have managed to get the next month's worth of shopping lined up. Waitrose appear to have the most slots available at the moment. I've occasionally gone on line in the middle of the night to snatch a slot and this works! There's definitely quite an art to it!

Galaxy Thu 16-Apr-20 08:52:56

I dont know about morrisons but tesco slots release at around midnight

Charleygirl5 Thu 16-Apr-20 08:56:42

Morrisons is now offering a next day delivery. One chooses from a list of items. all basic and I think the amount has to be £35. Not for me but one would not starve.

Carenza123 Thu 16-Apr-20 10:17:13

Hi, like you I am trying and trying to get any sort of slot for my Morrisons food delivery. My daughter lives in the same post code district and keeps telling me she has found quite a few slots - yet when I pursue them for MY delivery post code -ZILCH! It is so frustrating!

MamaCaz Thu 16-Apr-20 11:01:17

How strange, Carenza. That sounds very similar to my problem. How things can vary so much within one post code area is a mystery!

MamaCaz Sat 18-Apr-20 11:30:11

Two nights ago, I decided to stay up till midnight to see if there would be available delivery slots on the latest date the moment it was updated.
My timings went to pot, and at 11.55, I got put back into the queue! It was 12.15 by the time I was back in the shop, so the latest date was, not surprisingly, showing 'no slots available'.

Not one to be easily beaten. I tried again last night.
This time, I was in the shop at midnight, finger hovering over the relevant button as the new date went live.
Waste of time - there were still no available slots on it even as it appeared!

This morning, I repeated what I have been doing now for several days, which was to keep checking that page as often as possible - every few minutes at times.

I finally struck gold - tomorrow's column had turned pink, suggesting it was active, and I managed to grab one of two (or it might have been three) evening slots that had appeared on it, so Mum will finally be getting her delivery. smile

MamaCaz Sat 18-Apr-20 11:36:46

The lesson I have learned from that experience is that there is no point staying up till midnight in hope of new slots being released on the Morrison site.
In Mum's area anyway, the precious few slots that they release seem to come up at totally random times of day!