Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Fitbit

(14 Posts)
Chardy Fri 17-Apr-20 19:43:03

I recently bought a new Fitbit after I cracked the case of my old one (not really wear and tear!). A few weeks ago, on Amazon, I bought Fitbit Inspire HR Health & Fitness Tracker with Auto-Exercise Recognition, 5 Day Battery, Sleep &Swim Tracking for £70. DD and I looked at the more sophisticated models on the Fitbit website, but we knew I'd never use the extra bells and whistles.
I can't recommend having a pedometer enough. (And I do use the sleep and heart rate graphs)

Juno56 Fri 17-Apr-20 17:36:45

No not much. My current model has used less than 5mb in the last few weeks. The Charge 4 probably uses a little more to sync to the Fitbit app but I doubt if it's a significant amount. I haven't checked but you can probably set it to only sync when WiFi is available.

merlotgran Thu 16-Apr-20 13:28:07

I had the cheapo FitPro from Amazon it did everything I needed but conked out after two years.

Lucca Thu 16-Apr-20 11:49:40

Does it use up lots of data etc

Juno56 Thu 16-Apr-20 10:34:44

I currently have a Fitbit Alta (no longer available) but will soon be getting a Charge 4 which seems to have everything I need: heart rate monitor, sleep tracker, step count plus other useful functions.

Lucca Thu 16-Apr-20 10:27:12

Geekesse. I’ve read it. Very amusing but I don’t see me getting quite so obsessed ! I am by nature quite lazy!

Maggiemaybe Thu 16-Apr-20 10:15:50

No, the Daffodil goes in a pocket, which is why it ended up getting washed. grin

geekesse Thu 16-Apr-20 10:13:46

You should read David Sedaris on his Fitbit:
www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/06/30/stepping-out-3

Susan56 Thu 16-Apr-20 10:04:39

I have the Fitbit flex.Very reliable.

Lucca Thu 16-Apr-20 09:59:39

Thanks. I definitely want one that you wear on wrist. Is daffodil that?

Anyone got any negative reviews for Fitbit or mifit?

Maggiemaybe Thu 16-Apr-20 09:45:24

Though if you just need a pedometer I found the Daffodil one very reliable (at least it was till it had a session in the washing machine!).

Maggiemaybe Thu 16-Apr-20 09:43:32

I have the cheap alternative, the MiFit. Counts steps, records my sleep and heart rate, and has a stopwatch for my exercise snacking. And alerts me to calls and texts when my phone’s in silent. I think it has other functions, but I don’t need anything else. Dead easy to set up and use.

Granarchist Thu 16-Apr-20 09:32:32

I have a fitbit charge2 - Christmas present from physio daughter. I love it. It counts steps but I wanted to track my sleep and it has reassured me that I am actually getting more sleep than I thought - till usually less than 7 hrs a night but better than the 5-6 hrs I thought. Very easy to set up.

Lucca Thu 16-Apr-20 09:21:40

I’m currently using a phone app to count my steps miles walked etc but it seems a bit erratic and when I get back (if ever...) to playing tennis it’s not practical. I’m not obsessive about steps done but I find it a good incentive.
Which fitb it would be easiest to set up?
I don’t need it to”sing and dance” just count steps