Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Treats by post - help!

(11 Posts)
kittylester Sat 02-May-20 17:43:56

Every now and again I like to send treats to the 3 sets of younger grandchildren - I have just sent them crafty things.

It's a nice thing for the dgc and takes the pressure off their parents a little for a while.

My problem is that we have 2 older stepgrandsons who are both furloughed and at home with DS2 and his partner who are working from home. I'm fairly sure they won't welcome craft sets but what would they like?

Also, DS1 is disabled and lives alone and I would like to bring him a little bit of joy.

Has anyone any ideas for little treats for those two households?

ninathenana Sat 02-May-20 18:00:47

How old are the older GSs kitty ?

Would your son like some craft beer. Is he a gamer ?

Dollymc1 Sat 02-May-20 18:20:16

Kitty, B & M sell pretty sectioned boxes for cupcakes
How about doing a movie night box, popcorn, sweets and a drink?

Riverwalk Sat 02-May-20 18:26:58

Kitty I find 'Notonthehighstreet' very good for gifts for young men. These look like fun!

Kernals

Bacon sandwich

kittylester Sat 02-May-20 18:34:03

Riverwalk, I forgot all about Not On the High Street and I've used them for all sorts of things. Lockdown has obviously addled my brain. grin

The boys are almost 20 and 17, nina.

grandMattie Sat 02-May-20 18:36:55

At that age, things to eat...

Doodledog Sat 02-May-20 18:47:25

Or gaming things? I'm not sure how they work these days, but basically online vouchers for Playstation or X Box games.

Boys of that age (and older, in my experience!) often like that sort of thing. You'd probably need parental help to find out which platform they use and what sort of games they prefer, but it could be a popular choice, and will give them something to do during lockdown.

My SIL is in his late 20s and he is always happy with things like that (my daughter does the necessary and I reimburse her).

Daisymae Sat 02-May-20 18:50:21

Brownies by post are usually welcomed. I have sent them a few times. Betty's of Harrogate has quite nice gift boxes. M and s do fruit boxes if you want a more healthy option.

fevertree Sat 02-May-20 18:52:08

If they like brownies, these are heavenly:

www.gowercottagebrownies.co.uk/brownies.html

The delivery service is very good, next day, from memory. I sent some to my son and DIL and they said the wonderful aroma wafted up the path before the delivery man got to the front door.

Sweetie222 Mon 04-May-20 03:13:09

I recently treated my four grandchildren (9, 11, 13 and 15) by inviting them to choose something around the £25 each from Amazon. It helps that I’ve got Amazon Prime.

They had the fun of choosing and then getting exactly what they wanted delivered next day.

Nannytopsy Mon 04-May-20 04:38:17

Hi Kitty! Cheese from Pong for your son? If he enjoys food, goodies from Sous Chef?