Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Asda click and collect.

(8 Posts)
kathsue Tue 05-May-20 18:58:18

Thank you all so much for your replies. I feel much happier now.
I get more anxious about things these days but you have put my mind at rest.

Floradora9 Tue 05-May-20 18:57:44

Second time for us to-day and all we did was tell threm we were there. A nice lady brought out the shopping and loaded it in the boot . Even closed it for us . Five minute wait and well worth it .

Greeneyedgirl Tue 05-May-20 18:31:53

I did Asda Click &Collect 3 weeks ago and I parked in marked C&C canopied area and sent a text as instructed, to say I'd arrived. Very busy, looked a bit chaotic, waited about 10 mins until chap my brought stuff out in boxes which I loaded into car.

Wouldn't do again. Too busy & disorganised, but may be better organised at different stores.

diygran Tue 05-May-20 18:31:00

First time Asda click and collect today as no chance of any more deliveries although husband is over 70 with heart problems.
I got email to confirm time slot this morning. We drove into covered shelter in car park. Machine wasnt working so we gave our name to attendant.
Our shopping came bagged up and we were told to stay in car while helper loaded our boot.
All very efficient and i would have no worries using again.

bikergran Tue 05-May-20 18:23:02

Our machines are outside so you don't even need to go inside the store.' You jsut drive to the alloted spot (but like a petrol station layout) just make sure you have your order number with you etc.

Delila Tue 05-May-20 18:06:08

I recently had my second click & collect from Asda. All went smoothly. Straight to the front door to say why you're there, ushered straight in, enter order number into a machine, which issues a ticket. Minutes later our shopping was brought to us, bagged up and in a trolley. Minimal contact with anyone in an almost empty store. Outside was a long orderly queue of shoppers keeping a safe distance from each other. I was very impressed on both occasions.

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 05-May-20 17:49:34

Hi kathsue
I've only ever done a click and collect with Tesco (pre-Covid though) and it involves driving to a Tesco parking lot where a van sits in a marked out 'click and collect' area. All the goods get handed over that way. I opt for no bags so that's how we get it and I have empty ones set up in my boot ready for the groceries. So you don't need to go into the shop at all. Not sure how it works at other retailers though. Hopefully someone else will have had experience with ASDA and can advise. Good luck! smile

kathsue Tue 05-May-20 16:33:38

I couldn't get a delivery slot this week so I booked a click and collect slot. I've never done this before and I haven't been near a supermarket for 6 weeks so I'm a bit nervous about it.

What I want to know is
1 Do I have to queue outside the store to get in?
2 Is the shopping bagged up or do I take my own bags in ?
3 Do I take a trolley in?

I've been told that Tesco put it straight into your boot for you but it doesn't seem to be the case at Asda.

I've tried phoning the local store and the helpline but after going through multiple options I get told there is no-one to help me.

I may be worrying about nothing but I like to be prepared.

I'm hoping someone on GN has done this and can give me some advice please.