Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Towelling bathrobes recommendations please

(13 Posts)
Alishka Tue 12-May-20 14:07:36

Update - after having a teensy accident involving a red wine/bathrobe interface last nightshock, can affirm that they wash beautifullygrin

Gr8dame Sat 09-May-20 07:51:24

Thank you all for your advice and research l really appreciate it ?

Alishka Fri 08-May-20 14:37:55

Ooh! I only typed 'bathrobes' into Google and KoC came up. Had NO idea that it was so popular and recommended!
Anyway, it's great!

phoenix Fri 08-May-20 14:31:34

PS, I once got one for Mr P from King of Cotton, and had "Best Chap" embroidered on it! blush

phoenix Fri 08-May-20 14:29:55

King of Cotton, or Dunelm. My last Dunelm one was definitely the best for not having pulled threads! Also very good "weight" iykwim.

craftyone Fri 08-May-20 13:45:12

king of cotton, best of all

Missfoodlove Fri 08-May-20 13:40:12

King of Cotton as recommended by Alishka is a fabulous company, real high quality
However it’s worth looking at bamboo towelling robes.
They are so soft and light, they don’t pull like traditional Terry.

Callistemon Fri 08-May-20 12:58:46

Thank you for this thread; I have an M&S one which I've had for a couple of years and have never liked it, so a new one is on my wish list.

Alishka Fri 08-May-20 12:42:28

check out King of Cotton bathrobes, my last purchase, which arrived a couple of days ago.I'm slim but their medium size is ample. 2 front pockets.think there's a discount offer,certainly came in at under 30.00
Hope this helps - I love mine,it's pink,and, at 12.40, I'm still wearing itgrin
All the very best to your mum.smile

Teetime Fri 08-May-20 11:58:33

I was going to say White Company are the best not cheap but lovely quality.

TwiceAsNice Fri 08-May-20 09:36:33

Mine is also from the White Company a Christmas present from my daughter years ago and still going strong but their clothing is expensive, it does seem to be high quality though

MawB Fri 08-May-20 09:21:05

I love wearing Paw’s big fluffy dark blue one from the White Company (years ago)
I find their women’s sizing and mine less than compatible, but his is wonderfully generous!

Gr8dame Fri 08-May-20 09:05:50

I am looking for a towelling bathrobe for my DM who has left sided paralysis after a stroke. Bought the last ones from John Lewis and thought it was good quality but the loops pull out just as badly as the cheaper ones do.
I put a robe on the radiator whilst I am washing her then pop it on to her to keep her warm whilst I’m drying the nooks and crannies.