Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

How do you fill out a form attached to an email?

(5 Posts)
grandtanteJE65 Thu 25-Jun-20 12:13:31

If you have an electronic camera, you can print the form, fill it in, photograph it, and send it as an attachment to an e-mail.

Quite a hassle.

I would be tempted to phone or e-mail the person who sent it and ask them to re-send it in a format that can be filled in on the computer.

And no, Microsoft Office does not have an option that will help.

BlueSky Tue 23-Jun-20 08:43:27

As Gymstagran says, it's the easiest option, if you are not too office oriented.

Gymstagran Mon 22-Jun-20 13:11:05

I've found that if you "save" the file you can then fill in the form and re- attach it to the email to return it

vampirequeen Mon 22-Jun-20 12:43:38

You'll need a PDF converter.
I use this one

It will convert the document to a word processing document. If you don't have word processing software then download something like OpenOffice. It's free.

Once you have all the necessary software in place just follow the instructions on the PDF converter.

MaryTheBookeeper Mon 22-Jun-20 12:18:30

I just had to do this. I could open the attachment to read it ok but could see no way of filling in details & sending it back - other than to print it out, manually fill it in & scan it back in again. Only I don't have a printer. Do you need Microsoft office to do it? I don't have that either.

How should it be done?