Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Is there a Grandadnet? Or?

(16 Posts)
Omits01 Tue 27-Oct-20 09:55:55

I ask because I am male of older age. Would love to chat online with someone who would also. Don't get me wrong I can handle Gran chat just boys talk would pass the time as well in these lonely days. Maybe I'm in the wrong forum-I don't know. Perhaps there are Grandads here.

wink

Suggestions appreciated.

midgey Tue 27-Oct-20 09:59:30

There are granddads around here......I’ve read them!

Teetime Tue 27-Oct-20 09:59:34

Welcome Omits01 There are gentlemen here and I'm sure they will wade in soon but in the meantime you are very welcome to chat with all of us.

FannyCornforth Tue 27-Oct-20 10:00:34

Hello
There are quite a few men on here who are grandads, and also men who are not grandads.
It's a very inclusive place.

MissAdventure Tue 27-Oct-20 10:00:40

I think there are a couple of men around.
Apparently the name gransnet includes grandfathers (though I can't see how.
Hello anyway smile

Calendargirl Tue 27-Oct-20 10:07:14

The forum could be called “Grandad’s Shed”.

FannyCornforth Tue 27-Oct-20 10:18:11

There is a Grandad's Shed board on here Calendargirl.

Jane10 Tue 27-Oct-20 10:22:46

I'm sure Rufus2 would be happy to hear from you. Do you know any good jokes? No? Neither does he!! grin

Jaxjacky Tue 27-Oct-20 10:47:07

Jane10 ??

lemongrove Tue 27-Oct-20 10:56:12

Only a few men on here who actually post, and if you look under forum headings there is a Grandad’s shed....try putting a comment on there?
Even better, engage in chat with everyone?

Calendargirl Tue 27-Oct-20 11:43:35

FannyCornforth

There is a Grandad's Shed board on here Calendargirl.

Oh crikey, sorry!

Shows how observant I am! (not).

grumppa Tue 27-Oct-20 12:04:06

Not sure I’ve ever visited Grandad’s Shed!

yggdrasil Tue 27-Oct-20 12:16:01

try www.fiftyplusforum.co.uk/
it's an alternative and has more men in it. You can be in both, I am

Elegran Tue 27-Oct-20 13:24:22

Rufus2 recently started a thread of jokes at www.gransnet.com/forums/chat/a1286446-R-I-P-GreatNan , if you would like to see some of his posts, Omits01. I think the jokes came from Greatnan, so the quality is good.

Other male posters to look out for are Grumppa and Spangler and I think Lefthanded, among others. Grandad1943 left recently, I don't know why. You will be welcome as another male contributor.

Rufus2 Tue 27-Oct-20 14:23:20

Not sure I’ve ever visited Grandad’s Shed!
Grumppa Yes you did, once, 2 years ago! You stuck your head in the door to ask if there was anything in it for you! Apparently not, 'cos you never came back! hmm

Do you know any good jokes? No? Neither does he!! grin
Jane I know a funny joke when I see one and I know you, don't I ? And I thought we were friends.
You'll keep! grin
Perhaps there are Grandads here
Omits You're very welcome!
Yes! There are still a few, albeit members of an endangered species and you can understand why looking at the banter going on around us! A thick skin and a sense of humour, risque or not, will afford good protection. grin
You're not a Scot by any chance?
Good Health and welcome!
OoRoo

Jane10 Tue 27-Oct-20 14:25:47

Rufus2- it was irresistible!