Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Eamonn and Ruth

(54 Posts)
kircubbin2000 Sat 14-Nov-20 18:06:27

Just read they have been dropped from This Morning for Alison Hammond and Dermot O Leary! Wrong decision don't you think?

MayBee70 Mon 16-Nov-20 10:35:03

Froglady

MayBee70

Alison did a great documentary a few weeks ago as part of the Black Lives Matter month. I’m afraid I can’t remember what it was called as I only caught it by accident. Am I right in thinking that she’s the most successful person to have started out on Big Brother? I loved her in that.

I just remember breaking the garden table by dancing on it!

Yes: that’s the bit I remember. I think by the time Rylan (sp) was in it I’d stopped watching it.

hulahoop Mon 16-Nov-20 10:23:36

I read they are wanting a more diverse programme .I wish they would replace holly and Phil they are on so many different things I wish they would give others a chance .

kircubbin2000 Mon 16-Nov-20 10:19:56

Rylan is another one who started that way.

Froglady Mon 16-Nov-20 10:13:20

MayBee70

Alison did a great documentary a few weeks ago as part of the Black Lives Matter month. I’m afraid I can’t remember what it was called as I only caught it by accident. Am I right in thinking that she’s the most successful person to have started out on Big Brother? I loved her in that.

I just remember breaking the garden table by dancing on it!

Gwyneth Mon 16-Nov-20 10:08:24

Don’t watch morning TV or Strictly. TV goes on for 6pm news. Watched Strictly in very early days with Brucie but know very few of the ‘celebs’ on it these days. Must be old age!

NanKate Mon 16-Nov-20 09:50:53

Thanks FarNorth for changing to to too. ?

FarNorth Mon 16-Nov-20 09:44:03

An Eamonn Holmes quote on hearing he was leaving ‘I’m too pale, stale and male’.
I can just imagine him saying that in his bleating tones.

I only hear these presenters in clips when I sometimes want to hear what an interviewee has had to say.
I find Eamonn especially idiotic.

harrigran Mon 16-Nov-20 09:24:08

Another one that never watches daytime TV or any reality TV and certainly never big brother or i'm a celebrity, just too mind numbingly boring.
Does it matter who is presenting if none of us watch it anyway grin

NanKate Mon 16-Nov-20 08:14:55

An Eamonn Holmes quote on hearing he was leaving ‘I’m to pale, stale and male’.

I’ve never watched the programme so can’t comment.

Elizabeth1 Mon 16-Nov-20 08:08:12

My mistake Alison wasn’t on I’m a celebrity last night unless she’s going in as a late contestant. Hope so. What am I thinking?

Oldwoman70 Mon 16-Nov-20 07:28:34

Yet another who never watches morning TV, Strictly, Celebrity or any so called "reality" programmes!

MayBee70 Sun 15-Nov-20 21:59:18

He was very pro mask wearing though. I didn’t read what he said about schools but there seems to be a huge difference in opinion about reopening schools and the spread of the virus. I would imagine that I, too would disagree with him about that.

Chardy Sun 15-Nov-20 21:29:26

MayBee70 I think Dr H said something not very sensible about schools and COVID safety a while back, and I totally lost faith in him.

sodapop Sun 15-Nov-20 19:36:54

Sorry, silly pair = Schofield and Willoughby

sodapop Sun 15-Nov-20 19:34:39

Totally agree with your last post kircubbin2000 I stopped watching quite some time ago as the silly pair were really irritating.
I listen to the radio in the mornings now then watch the news and Doctors. My husband enjoys Bargain Hunt but that is so dated and predictable now.

MayBee70 Sun 15-Nov-20 19:33:26

I don’t watch This Morning but DrHilary has been very informative regarding COVID: I know that from reading articles about things that he has said.

Lucca Sun 15-Nov-20 19:18:08

I don’t watch morning tv either I do not watch strictly this year but in the past have watched it on catch up so I can fast forward over the rather talentless tess daly and all the judges except Craig !

Chardy Sun 15-Nov-20 18:50:32

I find Eamonn and Dr Hilary both very irritating, and I find Alison too much. Phil & Holly I can manage about half an hour, ditto Lorraine. If you don't watch soaps or reality shows ( and I don't), Lorraine is not really for you.
My latest way is to have TV on, but on mute. I keep vague tabs on what they're talking about by reading the words at the bottom of the screen. This Morning normally has a breakdown with approximate times at the start.

Lollin Sun 15-Nov-20 18:50:12

I don't watch morning tv got bored of same old presenters and their ways. Might try to catch Alison see if she's allowed to or helps it to improve. Think they should have removed a day from the other two though as they are on so many programmes and adverts.

BBbevan Sun 15-Nov-20 11:37:55

Never ever watched that program.

henetha Sun 15-Nov-20 11:29:43

I never watch morning tv, but I do watch (and love) Strictly.

phoenix Sun 15-Nov-20 10:11:38

I'm with you grannysyb, Radio 4 all day.

We only have one tv, and that's in the sitting room. We don't go in there until after supper.

grannysyb Sun 15-Nov-20 10:01:30

I occasionally listen to the Today programme, can't bear morning tv

Greyduster Sun 15-Nov-20 09:58:30

Another one here who never watches morning TV or Strictly. Me neither.

kircubbin2000 Sun 15-Nov-20 09:41:31

I think the programme has been dumbed down very much since the early days. Perhaps they think the morning viewers are all thick .