Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Black Friday shopping?

(37 Posts)
JennyNotFromTheBlock Thu 26-Nov-20 05:33:59

Is there anything you've been having your eye on? Really, I'm just curious about your Black Friday shopping list if you have one.

Sarnia Fri 27-Nov-20 08:25:58

grandMattie

Saw in the paper that most “deals” are more expensive than the regular price...

Martin Lewis, the Money Save expert, said exactly that on his programme this week.

silverlining48 Thu 26-Nov-20 23:00:27

Thanks Not.S.
Will check out.

NotSpaghetti Thu 26-Nov-20 12:01:56

This is a message for you silverlining48

NotSpaghetti Thu 26-Nov-20 11:48:02

The second link shows Adult and Children PJs they are muddled up I’m afraid.
Try this for adults:
www.polarnopyret.co.uk/search?q=Adult+nightwear

Callistemon Thu 26-Nov-20 11:27:37

I not going to the shops and I expect online shopping to be busy too.

Remember the January sales? Oh, for the good old days
?

silverlining48 Thu 26-Nov-20 11:26:53

I couldn’t find adult pjs Not. Looking for ladies cotton without buttons down the front. for my daughter.

NotSpaghetti Thu 26-Nov-20 11:09:49

I bought some lovely PJs as a gift from here:
www.polarnopyret.co.uk/
The quality is fantastic. Think they are Swedish. I've not specifically bought "Black Friday" but they were reduced so very happy.
They wash and wash and wash... My husband loved his so much a few years ago that he bought an identical pair!

Here's the PJ link... I like the adult striped ones best!
www.polarnopyret.co.uk/collections/all-nightwear

I think SAVE5 gave me an extra 5% off... not certain about this.

Marydoll Thu 26-Nov-20 10:50:33

Clarks outlet have an additional 20 % off already discounted shoes.

25Avalon Thu 26-Nov-20 10:48:01

Also scrummy not scrumpy. Oh dear this predictive text!!!

25Avalon Thu 26-Nov-20 10:47:10

Truckle not trickle smile

25Avalon Thu 26-Nov-20 10:45:43

It seems to me some companies have sales all the time. No sooner has one expired then another pops up. I have no list but if there’s something I want I always check for the best deal Black Friday or not, but then ai used to be a buyer so do copious research on best item before I even look at the price!

I see Clark’s online have a selection of shoes at half price. If you like Godminster organic cheese they have a BF deal and I’ll get a trickle of their scrumpy cheddar.

Kate1949 Thu 26-Nov-20 10:44:24

No but I was tempted when an email came through from Dorothy Perkins with 5O% off everything. As we are probably going into tier 3 here, I won't be going anywhere so I won't need clothes!

Davida1968 Thu 26-Nov-20 10:40:42

Not me, but DH keeps looking for a new tablet. (And we're both wondering whether there could be good bargains coming along in January.)

Maggiemaybe Thu 26-Nov-20 10:39:36

Don’t forget to add the code for another £6 off.

Maggiemaybe Thu 26-Nov-20 10:38:23

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with canny shopping, Marydoll! In fact there’s a lot right with it. smile

There’ve never been any scenes round here like the ones shown on the media. We like a queue. And the media like a dramatic scene.

Here’s the link to my little bargain from Thornton’s.

www.thorntons.co.uk/christmas-hampers/christmas-model-selection-GB54868.html#q=models&start=1

Lolo81 Thu 26-Nov-20 10:36:12

Computer games specifically FIFA is always reduced from the £50 odd price to around £35 on BF so I pick that up as a Christmas gift for my son, have done this for years.

Marydoll Thu 26-Nov-20 10:15:53

BlueBelle, I'm certainly not one who goes crazy on BF. I needed straighteners, it just happened to be BF, I took advantage and am absolutely delighted with my purchase, which I bought online, as I can't get out.

There are genuine bargains to be found. Often we price something, do a bit of research and check prices.
We do need a new television, DH has done his research, and continually checks looking for the best deal. We will probably buy after Christmas, when hopefully the rush is over.

ImStillGood Thu 26-Nov-20 10:07:56

No shopping list for BF and never had one. I wouldn't mind getting a pair of new leggins but it's not because of BF, it's because I really need them

JennyNotFromTheBlock Thu 26-Nov-20 10:05:54

BlueBelle couldn't agree more! It's disgusting how sales make people go that crazy.

JennyNotFromTheBlock Thu 26-Nov-20 10:04:43

LaraGransnet thank you smile I'm not really asking for ideas, just being curious

BlueBelle Thu 26-Nov-20 10:04:22

The poster says she’s curious about others wants and desires she didn’t ask for any ideas or advice Laragransnet

When I see videos of people hitting and knocking each other to the ground to get ‘a bargain’ I don’t think it’s something to rejoice in The online ‘bargains’ are like ‘sales’ in general getting rid of low selling or old stock
Its consumerism at its worst

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 26-Nov-20 09:49:00

Hello, appreciate Black Friday isn't for everyone but the OP is asking for ideas. For those who've found a good buy, feel free to link to any particular bargains you've found so others can share. smile

Witzend Thu 26-Nov-20 09:47:17

If it’s something you need, or really want, and it’s that much cheaper, I don’t see why not, especially if money is tight - as it is for plenty of people.

I’ve never done BF shopping myself, but if e.g. my washing machine or TV had just died on me, I probably would.

Missfoodlove Thu 26-Nov-20 09:40:01

No! It’s another tacky American export.

All my Christmas shopping has been done.

Marydoll Thu 26-Nov-20 09:19:45

If anyone is looking for an Amazon Echo dot, they are half price in Tesco at £19.