Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Anyone had the priority pass email from Asda? ?

(12 Posts)
kittylester Fri 04-Dec-20 20:54:34

Baby not baby's

kittylester Fri 04-Dec-20 20:53:56

My 'baby's brother, aged 63, has had a Sainsbury's priority slot password.

HAZBEEN Fri 04-Dec-20 20:06:36

Yes he has to have drops in for a bit (guess who has to do that!) then he will have them suctioned. Hopefully soon before I kill him!
Sorry should have some sympathy but he is a typical man, wont see a Doctor even if his leg fell off! It took his Mother to persuade him this time! Thank goodness he's still scared of her!

phoenix Fri 04-Dec-20 19:52:55

HAZBEEN, can it be sorted?

HAZBEEN Fri 04-Dec-20 19:28:16

After the week I have had with my OH who has gone deaf (according to the Doc its a build up of wax after an infection) to the point of now having to write things down for him I will be in a home (or jail!) before the year is out!

phoenix Fri 04-Dec-20 19:22:58

Hazbeen there could be something in that theory, perhaps my very ordinary house has now been designated a "Twilight Home for the Terminally Bewildered" tchconfused

HAZBEEN Fri 04-Dec-20 19:05:15

I got an email like this from Asda, with the same wording but I hadn't notice until I went back and looked Phoenix.
I also got emails from Tesco and Sainsburys offering me priority slots after I got the "shielding letter" when I was diagnosed in August.
Maybe they think we are all running "homes" Phoenix not just dealing with our OHs!

Marydoll Fri 04-Dec-20 19:02:33

Perhaps Mr P has plans for you! wink

phoenix Fri 04-Dec-20 19:00:35

Could well be, Marydoll, but I was more tchconfused by the use of the phrase CARE HOME !

Marydoll Fri 04-Dec-20 18:46:52

Phoenix, I think there has been a problem with vulnerable customers in England having their recurring priority slots cancelled.
It has caused an uproar and some customers have written to the Asda CEO to complain.
I wonder if your email is related to this.

phoenix Fri 04-Dec-20 18:11:44

Oh well, only me then.

phoenix Fri 04-Dec-20 12:50:07

Hmm, not sure if it was a typo, but under the "How it works" section, mine read:

"We have set up a free Asda priority pass for you. Your free pass gives you or your care home priority on new home delivery slots as they become available". tchshock

Do you think they meant "carer"?tchconfused