Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Baby high chair. Does anyone know the answer please?

(11 Posts)
Badgranma Mon 18-Jan-21 17:54:01

Are you supposed to remove the vertical support from the seat as your child grows? It goes up between the legs to prevent slipping forward in little ones. My gd is 18 months and it’s getting a bit snug. I can’t see how to remove it although it looks like it could come out. I bought the chair second hand and have no instructions and can’t find anything online. I Don’t think she is big for her age and the chair supposedly goes up to 3 years. Thank very much. Photos attached.

NotSpaghetti Mon 18-Jan-21 17:57:07

Does it have a make anywhere? It looks as though it ought to come out. I’d Google the make and email the company if you don’t find the info easily.

MissAdventure Mon 18-Jan-21 17:57:24

Do you know what brand it is?
I
YouTube usually has videos on most things.

Oopsadaisy1 Mon 18-Jan-21 18:05:00

It looks removable to me

SpringyChicken Mon 18-Jan-21 18:05:34

If you know the brand, you can usually download instruction from the company's website and also contact their customer service.

Baggs Mon 18-Jan-21 18:09:25

What does it look like underneath? Turn the seat upside down.

bikergran Mon 18-Jan-21 18:12:43

Looking at it I would think it just pops out when you put some kind of leverage under that little indent, maybe the handle of a spoon or something.

Badgranma Mon 18-Jan-21 18:27:54

I’ve found the brand (mother care) Hello Friend, and the instructions but it doesn’t seem to mention anything about it, which is why I’m wondering if it’s meant to stay. I can’t believe it’s this difficult!

Lolo81 Mon 18-Jan-21 19:03:37

The wee rectangular hole at the base of the plastic mound looks like a flat screwdriver would fit - in your shoes I’d try and use a screwdriver to see if by pushing it in it unloosens the clip underneath holding it flush. Sorry if that doesn’t make sense - we had a high chair with plastic clippy bits and that’s what we did to dismantle it. After a few times the clip loosened a bit - I had to take ours apart regularly to clean those bits, I have no idea how they did it but my children got bits of food, stains and crud everywhere!

MissAdventure Mon 18-Jan-21 21:13:01

I've been looking and can't find any instructions.
I think I would phone or email mothercare.

Badgranma Mon 18-Jan-21 22:13:04

Thanks all. I was hoping someone may have had one as I’m still not sure if it actually is meant to be removed. I’ll see if I can contact mothercare although all their shops have closed I think they still trade online.