Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

How many pairs of knickers do you own? Without looking, have a guess....

(117 Posts)
Stoker48 Fri 22-Jan-21 13:49:28

Had an on line conversation with a friend yesterday. She had just cleaned out her underwear draw. I did mine at the start of first lock down and had clear out.
I knew I still had quite a few pairs - assumed about 20. Just counted them and, including the pair I’m wearing and two in the washing, I have 70 pairs.
Yes, 70.
Funny thing is, I have my favorites so tend to consistently wear the same half a dozen!

Patsy70 Wed 03-Feb-21 18:57:53

Kadinsky, sad, but probably true. sad

Blinko Wed 03-Feb-21 18:21:11

WishIwasyounger

They're all stuffed in a drawer so I've no idea, but I guess about 20? I usualy buy multipacks from TU, so all kinds of colours, but all full brief.
After being on my own for a couple of years after a dreadful divorce I'm thinking I may start dating again, so may need to re-assess my knickers.

There's optimism for you...grin

Angel958 Sun 24-Jan-21 10:21:13

grin

Angel958 Sun 24-Jan-21 10:18:30

Probably about 25 - all M&S midi. I need to replace most of them really but it’s bottom of the list during lockdown. Forgive the pun!

DanniRae Sun 24-Jan-21 08:14:54

Witzend ........ smile

Witzend Sat 23-Jan-21 23:58:23

Any grubby old perve would be welcome to get his kicks from my knicker drawer, but I’m afraid he’d be sadly disappointed in my motley and decidedly un-sexy collection.

Grandma11 Sat 23-Jan-21 23:35:30

I have never really counted them to be honest, at a guess I would say about 40 pairs, some are from Supermarket packs in various prints and colours, others are branded ones mostly in Black or White. I am rather awkward to please though, my pet hate is having synthetic fibre fabrics next to my delicate areas of skin, it plays havoc with my Eczema, and leaves me with a nasty itchy rash, so it has to be pure cotton for me!
I also prefare the Shorts style knickers for everyday use rather than having the elasticated leg trimmings of the more conventional styles, I value comfort over fashion, and it's very rare that anyone else gets to see them except me!

GreyKnitter Sat 23-Jan-21 22:57:35

I’ve been and counted and discovered there were less than I thought! 15 pairs neatly folded - 1 pair on and a couple of pairs in wash! Ps. I don’t find talking about my underwear an issue - it’s not a secret and something I would talk to my live friends about. It’s been an enlightening thread!

BlueSapphire Sat 23-Jan-21 22:49:16

I guessed about 40/50, but have counted and it's more than 60!

janeainsworth Sat 23-Jan-21 22:10:28

I wasn’t going to come on this thread, but just want to support what you have said Kandinsky.

Blossoming Sat 23-Jan-21 21:59:34

I am in awe of all the people in this thread who have their knicker drawers neatly sorted!

Blinko Sat 23-Jan-21 19:47:27

I guessed at around 30 pairs then got bored counting them later....well over fifty.

Kandinsky Sat 23-Jan-21 19:03:30

Davida1968
Carry on discussing your underwear with a complete stranger if it makes you happy, but bare in mind the person you’re talking to could be a pervert getting his kicks getting older women. to over share.
Trust me, ( having been on forums for years ) they attract all the weirdos.
It’s a bit of a weird thing to want to talk about in the best of circumstances IMO.
But carry on.

Nanna58 Sat 23-Jan-21 18:14:23

Probably about half a dozen decent pairs and about fifty pairs that my mother would disown me for if I was “ run over in them” ! ?

WishIwasyounger Sat 23-Jan-21 17:46:15

They're all stuffed in a drawer so I've no idea, but I guess about 20? I usualy buy multipacks from TU, so all kinds of colours, but all full brief.
After being on my own for a couple of years after a dreadful divorce I'm thinking I may start dating again, so may need to re-assess my knickers.

Blossoming Sat 23-Jan-21 17:09:24

Oops forgot! The lucky knickers grin

Blossoming Sat 23-Jan-21 17:07:48

Probably about 100. Different colours to match bras, no VPL for under trousers and some dresses, high waist for yoga, etc etc.

Stoker48 Sat 23-Jan-21 17:03:42

Thank you, David1968.
I hope they haven’t got their knickers in a twist.....

Davida1968 Sat 23-Jan-21 15:14:38

Good grief, Kandinsky and other GNs - lighten up! It's just a bit of fun! And heaven knows that we could all (mostly) appreciate a bit of fun at the moment. I applaud Stoker 48 for a cheery and "fun" thread.

Vickysponge Sat 23-Jan-21 14:46:39

Aldom

Kandinsky I second that!

I third it!!!!

DanniRae Sat 23-Jan-21 13:45:03

I have now counted my knickers and I have 40 pairs - and now all rolled up neatly. I also had a trip down memory lane as I keep a lot of my sentimental stuff in the same drawer. Just reread the poem my son wrote to his bride on their wedding day- it was read out as part of the service but we didn't find out he had written it till some time after. It has such amazing words! Also something he wrote to me on the same occasion ......... Such a lovely, happy memories smile

lemsip Sat 23-Jan-21 13:39:11

well if we don't respond people may think we don't have any knickers.........lol
my current total is 18 by the way.

Aldom Sat 23-Jan-21 13:37:14

Kandinsky I second that!

Witzend Sat 23-Jan-21 13:34:13

Goodness, maybe about 20, virtually all of them M&S.

I was only saying to dh the other day that I wished they’d wear out a bit faster - I’ve had some of them for ever - so that I’d feel fully entitled to chuck them and buy some nice new ones.

Of course he said to go and buy some new ones anyway, but (some) old frugal habits die hard. And it’s not as if he’d ever notice or care anyway. I used to say that he wouldn’t notice if I went out topless with my nipples painted green - might be a slight exaggeration ? but you get the picture.

I did bin one pair that was noticeably ‘going home’ the other day, but it’s a rare event.

Kandinsky Sat 23-Jan-21 13:29:41

Can’t believe so many people have replied to this thread.
Discussing your knickers with a complete stranger on the internet - jeez.