Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

What little things make you smile?

(6 Posts)
Foxglove77 Fri 05-Feb-21 12:23:23

Having a quick dust around my eyes fell on the door frame. I smiled as I noticed the height marks of my little grand daughter, showing how tall she is each time we measure her. It was the same when my children were little.

Newatthis Fri 05-Feb-21 12:28:09

Seeing the photos and video clips my daughter sends of my little grandchildren. Still not seen them-13 months now- and still not met the youngest who is 9 months old (curse COVID!!!). So seeing daily updates, albeit via technology warms my heart and makes me smile.

EllanVannin Fri 05-Feb-21 12:34:32

A drawing blue-tacked on my bread-bin made by one of my GGC over 11 years ago, of two smiley people, the sun shining and a flower. Written "to nonna". The child is 15 this year.

She's studying art at school.

paddyanne Fri 05-Feb-21 12:56:35

I put this on ans dance around the room ,We saw Keb Mo in Glasgow just before lockdown last year and he's made me smile every day when I'm down .

youtu.be/MFj205TNZf0

sillydevil Sat 06-Feb-21 00:36:58

My wife, my children, grand children, toddlers with their parents in the street, everyday kindness many things make me smile and when it comes down to it one word "love" makes me smile, gives me hope and makes life worthwhile and banishes all the horrors that this world can bring.

Foxglove77 Sat 06-Feb-21 22:34:58

Sillydevil how lovely, this is so true. Newathis what would we do without technology. Ellanvalin how lovely that a love token a decade ago still survives and makes you smile. Paddyanne love it. One more of mine, when granddaughter wraps her arms around me and whispers "love you Nanny"