Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Have you completed your Census 2021 form?

(179 Posts)
Riverwalk Sun 07-Mar-21 14:57:14

I've just done mine online - I really don't remember the last one, presumably 10 years' ago.

Mollygo Tue 23-Mar-21 02:12:44

Think the census asked intrusive questions? Go to Twitter and type #AlternativeUKCensusQuestions
to see what other questions could have been asked or add one of your own.

Blossoming Sun 21-Mar-21 23:13:18

All done, easy peasy ?

Maggiemaybe Sun 21-Mar-21 23:11:56

In case there's anyone else out there who, like me, filled it all in early and then very nearly forgot to submit it today, please take this as a polite reminder. smile

Mapleleaf Wed 17-Mar-21 10:19:00

You are correct, JulieNoted. It says so clearly on the letter, though obviously not clearly enough, it would seem! ?

JulieNoted Wed 17-Mar-21 10:01:57

Just completed ours. Had it for a couple of weeks, but we're now very close to Census day and it's unlikely anything will change.

And for all the naysayers who keep crying No, it MUST BE DONE ON 21ST, sorry you're wrong. That would be the ideal, but it clearly states that you can do it before that date as long as you notify any unforeseen changes later. If early submission was absolutely not allowed, the site would not let you submit it.

suziewoozie Wed 17-Mar-21 08:35:18

Sarnia

I hope to be at home on 21st March but as my crystal ball is out of batteries I cannot be definite so that is why I will be following instructions and completing it on Census Day.

We’re going to do it on Saturday ( in case there’s a broadband problem on Sunday) but will save and send on Sunday.

Sarnia Wed 17-Mar-21 08:28:51

I hope to be at home on 21st March but as my crystal ball is out of batteries I cannot be definite so that is why I will be following instructions and completing it on Census Day.

Ashcombe Wed 17-Mar-21 08:15:33

Lucca: I’m laughing out loud at your comment!!

Lucca Wed 17-Mar-21 07:52:08

suziewoozie

Shandy57

I've just done mine. It was intrusive - why would they like to know the subjects I lectured in?

I don’t understand how that’s intrusive. Intrusive in a census might be how often do you have sex in a week week or what’s your preferred position but details about your job which would be on record somewhere?

....and how good is your memory.....

Shandy57 Wed 17-Mar-21 07:48:41

ha ha, that gave me a laugh suziewoozie, you've got me thinking now!

suziewoozie Tue 16-Mar-21 21:11:16

Shandy57

I've just done mine. It was intrusive - why would they like to know the subjects I lectured in?

I don’t understand how that’s intrusive. Intrusive in a census might be how often do you have sex in a week week or what’s your preferred position but details about your job which would be on record somewhere?

Shandy57 Tue 16-Mar-21 20:51:40

Alishka Tue 16-Mar-21 20:40:58

annodomini

The official leaflet says:

"You can submit your questionnaire before 21 March if you know who will be in your household on that day. If you submit your questionnaire before 21 March but your circumstances change before that day, you can let us know.'

So I did mine yesterday as soon as the leaflet arrived.

That's why I did mine online as soon as I received itsmile

timetogo2016 Thu 11-Mar-21 16:35:45

I did ours yesterday,nosey bunch of gits.

BGB31 Thu 11-Mar-21 16:25:16

I thought it was supposed to be done on 21st March?

Artaylar Thu 11-Mar-21 15:00:39

Received the form this morning and completed it manually for myself and DH in 10 minutes. I did think about completing it online, though all the faffing about with this would most probably have meant it would have taken me much longer.

annodomini Thu 11-Mar-21 12:24:48

The official leaflet says:

"You can submit your questionnaire before 21 March if you know who will be in your household on that day. If you submit your questionnaire before 21 March but your circumstances change before that day, you can let us know.'

So I did mine yesterday as soon as the leaflet arrived.

BlueBelle Thu 11-Mar-21 12:17:21

Still haven’t had one

Alishka Thu 11-Mar-21 11:21:54

Mine arrived just now. Grinned that the first access code set included the letters BS.grin
Filled it in online and fired it off.

Sgilley Wed 10-Mar-21 15:35:34

Shall do it on 21st March

suziewoozie Tue 09-Mar-21 21:04:44

I asked the neighbours on our WA group and it’s very mixed as to who’s revived the letter. But as said by pp I just went online and received the code by text - very quick.

Kandinsky Tue 09-Mar-21 18:38:44

Haven’t received one.

Eloethan Tue 09-Mar-21 18:10:28

Haven't received ours yet.

Sarnia Tue 09-Mar-21 17:11:13

LullyDully

I thought the point was to complete it on 21st March so the records know exactly who was where on that date. Am I missing something here?

No you are not missing the point. Anything can change between now and 21st March so people are asked to wait until then. The eager beavers ignoring the simple instructions say they can let someone know about any changes. How many will? Makes a mockery of the entire thing.

Maggiemaybe Tue 09-Mar-21 17:03:03

You can. Then you can go back in and change it if circumstances alter. If you're spared, of course. smile